Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been awaiting a phone call from 2 out of 3 of these Co. on ordering a pipe....Has anyone heard if they are out yet??? Yoshi and Trinity told me like a month or so ago that they would be ready in about three weeks. Im am anxoius to hear about the Yoshi. I have that on my 400ex a full sytem and love it!!! The Trinity looks preety nice too, and CT has good pipes also.. Any ifo please pass it along to me!! :) TINA

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If I bought anything from any of those companies, it might be CT. CT and White Bros consistently win pipe/silencer HP shootouts. Other than that you're just wasting your money. The reason WB and others had such a time "improving" the stock head-pipe, was because they couldn't. That's the reason Polaris dropped the add-on head-pipe. Spend your money where it counts, gear that will improve performance, handling, quality of ride. Don't spend it on hype, cause that's all some of these people are selling. If you let them set the hook once, they'll do it over and over till your cash is gone....and then I'll just wave as I pass.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
And the advantage of the WB pipe is it doesn't void your warranty, or at the very least, an aftermarket pipe gives the dealer and/or Polaris something to gripe about if something DOES go wrong.

I wouldn't buy anything from Trinity. Their customer service sucks ass, they don't return emails, and they never ship anything on time. I've also heard far too many stories about their motors not holding up.

Rob

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually Rob, I have already discussed this with my dealer, and with a warrenty, a pipe has or should NOT have anything to do with your warrenty, only if motor work is done .. I bought an extended warrenty and asked him if this will void it, and he said absolutely not , or Im not worried about that..Isnt mosst CT pipes not spark arrested??? I hear alot of people like there pipes,but they wont have there pipe out for a bit still, as for Yoshi, I am real curious, Im mostly wanting to wake up the first gears mostly, and I like an even power from top to bottom thats what I liked about my Yoshi on my 400ex, I still want to see some numbers, but I still am leaning towards Yoshi since I know firsthand how it is.. You know, I have heard alot of bad comments about Trinity service and a frinde of mine had some motor work done and they screwed up the head and he ended up buying a new one..hmmmm,may rule them out if they are that unrealiably of good service ...So tell me, is this true that WB is discontiuing there pipe altogether???I dont care for WB pipes but thats just me,if I had to chose WB or stock, I would stay stock...

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
modquad~~~~ I didnt say anything about a headpipe, just a slip on, so if its a waste buying anything BUT CT or WB, do you know these cold facts ??Do you have numbers??? if so, could you please direct me so that I may see the specks?? Im giving Yoshi a call today....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Tina,

When I called Yoshi last week, they told me their pipe for the Predator was available and shipping. They did not have the dyno sheets printed yet for distribution?????, but they were supposed to be available this week. I asked them if they had tested with stock airbox and with a slip-on, and they said only with the stock airbox. They also said they had full system and all styles of slip-on cans available. They said the full system with the Ti can was about $785.00 I think.

Let us know if you get some updated info....

Take care,

JJ

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJ, thank you so much for the info !!!:) WOW.if there is one thing Yoshi Is known for is.... being SPENDY!!! OUCH!.... hmm, I think ill call pete over there and see about some more info..Ules the system makes a HUGE dif, I dont think Ill be spending 785.00 on a full system.. I havew a full system on my EX and I love it, but only paid around 500.00 for it I think, I would lovew to see there numbers......Thanks again for the info..

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I just got off the phone with Yoshi, and they told me that the pipe is ready to retail but wont be out for about 2 more weeks.hmm they told me the full system will retail for 510.00 and had no numbers just yet, but to expect this pipe to give power evenly as much as possoble like ther other pipes try to create.. He Also told me not to expect HUGE changes in lor gears for torque in anything you buy if the motor is set ip this way, you can change a few things to increase torque and power gains, but any pipe isnt going to give it a HUGE wake up call or HUGE HP gains...It will be interesting to see the numbers. TINA :).........

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Tina, I'm smack in the middle of Polaris, Rath Racing (factory racer) HPD, Hot Seat, I hear it all. The W/B depending on how it's tuned will give you 6-8 HP. That's just the silencer....sorry about that before, I thought you were gonna spring for a whole system. Best bang for the buck, easiest maint too, is the W/B coupled with a $6 pack of Univents. The a couple of bucks gets you around a 160 jet from your dealer. You can also add the 38 tooth rear sprocket from Polaris. I'll be seeing Rath's gear at a soon to come harescramble. There are some shops doing some very hectic dyno and reliability testing right now. Within 3-4 weeks, this thing is gonna blow wide open. It will be straight HP, no nitrous needed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are there going to be header pipes for the White Brother slip-on?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
White Bros might produce it, but Polaris didn't think that marketing something with marginal gains (read that the stock head pipe flows great) just to get more money from people wasn't what they wanted to do.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah the headpipe is HUGE already...Ive heard so many unhappy people with the WB pipe,and I personally am not a WB fan. not bagging on the pipe just never been a big fan is all, but I am always open minded to what all is out there.. I would like to to have this predator primed up for fall flattrackin...modquad, could you please keep me tuned in on the numbers? I like to do alot of research before I go out and spend $$ on a pipe or any mod...thanks for the imput...:) TINA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running an Aaen Pipe and I love it the only thing is that it is super loud. I went with Aaen because of their reputation with Polaris's, according to Aaen this pipe gives you 7 H.P. with no jetting. Although I went with Rath's airbox mod and installed the 160 jet. Even before I did the airbox mod this machine was very responsive thoughout the bottom and stronger in the mid-range.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, Ive never heard of a Aaen pipe before...So you didnt have to rejet it when you inastalled the pipe???Ive never had a pipe that didnt call for some re-jetting before...How much was the pipe?? I C Yoshimua now has the pipe listed on there website for the Predator for all that is interested in seeing it... TINA :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/default2.asp oops here ya go......;)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Olav Aaen has been modding Polaris' for a long long time. The core trio, Hot Seat, HPD, and Aaen. The midnight oil is burning long hours in the elfen magic workshops.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just looked at the yoshi site and wasn't too impressed with the dyno numbers. It was kinda hard to read but,I didn't see any big gains that I would expect from Yoshi.The HMF slip-on is showing 5lbs and 5hp for $230.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doug, to tell you the truth, neither was I?????? I expected alot more than this form a Yoshi.. :( Now, I have been told that Dynos are tested different ,Im not sure what they mean by that, but one manufactuer may sound like his gains are HUGE when in fact, not much different than the guy who tested and got smaller numbers.. maybe somone could explain, but I am really dissapointed on what I saw on the Charts... All I know, is on my EX is is awesome... Il guess Ill waitfor some shoots outs and for CT next..That Aaen pipe looks preety promising too.....TINA :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yep, I'm feeling the pain. I think the fact is, is that Polaris did a bang up job on the quad right out of the box. The other big players have yet to surface so I will be patient. For now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
CT pipes are suppost to be out in 3weeks they sent me a E-mail

1 - 20 of 26 Posts