Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it. I knew it would only be a matter of time. I was with about 10 other bikes last night and we were all drag racing out in this field next to the Missouri River. A bunch of Yami fans! Only one out ran me, and he couldn't do it consistantly. Anyway, I was racing this tricked banshee and I beat him but I paid the price. I couldn't get stopped in time and went up and over the levee and endowed into the tree's. That sucked!! Once I figured out where I was I walked back to my bike. It was upside down and still running. We turned off real quick and flipped it back over. That is one tough bike!!! Nothing broke on it. The only thing that happened was when it was laying on it side, it pushed the front plastic into the header and melted one little spot on it. I on the other hand dislocated my shoulder and unfortunately will be out of commission for a while. Have fun, while I stay home. :(

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
OH no...Im sorry to hear about your shoulder...:( Im glad you werent hurt worse though, and the bike is ok...... And glad to hear you kicked all there arses out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIna :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I was checking out your bike and noticed that you shaved the front fenders. I notice a lot of people do this. What exactly is the benefit to doing this? I do know that by shaving them, it would make them stronger and possibly reduce the rattling. Any other reasons?? Thanks for the concern. I'll be back very soon. We have a trip planned to Little Sahara over Easter weekend, so I better be healed by then. Oh well, I guess that's what pain killers are for! lol!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
HAHA.. Thank god for painkiller huh...Well it helps in the sand also, and I personally like to be able to see in the fronts where my tires are going... cool to watch them and also I think easier to see on rocks ect... I love the shaved look, I did it to my Daughters mini too. Now it looks like a 400ex! And it will help the rattling too.Let me know how your trip is over Easter....:) Tina

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck. How fast do you think you were going when you left the bike?

I am an old hand at falling off my bike now. My best was an over the bars tee shot pinned in 4th at Moses Lake. Hit a rut and went flying. Bike landed on me (of course) Knocked me out. NO serious damage to me or the bike. I broke my exhaust which meant I HAD to get a full HMF system... **** ;) Sore as hell, but nothing a few cold ones didnt shake off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The few cold one's turned into very many cold one's and that's why it happend!! HA! Had to much liquid courage in me and thought I could just sail right off the top of that levee and spin around and come back. Man was I wrong!!!! I really don't have any idea how fast we were going, but it had to be right at 70mph! Totally guessing, I hardly ever shifted to 5th gear. By the way how do you like that HMF system? Could you tell much difference? Hey Tina, I'm taking my digital to Little Sahara so I'll post some pics in my profile....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh I love the HMF, but it's on my Cannondale. I dont own a predator yet. I am buying one for my wife. HMF on the Dale is a straight pipe, really loud. It really woke that bike up!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it too loud?? Does it comes with a quiet core??

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
j_man... lookin forward to seeing them!!! :):):):):) Tina

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's for sure!!!!! I tell you what, it won't happen again!! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am suprised you did not break nothing, i rolled mine going like 30mph or so and my steering stem bent all the way back to the handlebars and the little piece of the frame the stem bolts to, no big deal though, she is going again. Stay away from the green leaf when you are riding too, it contributed to a bad wreck on my cr250.lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
boy you would think the adrenaline rush of riding a predator would be enough of a high without the beer or drugs. i like my captain morgain just like everyone else. but not on the trails. ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't do the "green leaf", but I have been known to drink a couple of brews. From now on, when the beer comes out, the pred gets locked up. It has too much power to be out screwing off under the influence. By the way, arm is out of a sling now and I'm ready to hit the dunes. Let you know Monday how it went!! YYAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was out ridin the trails when i came up on some standing water...looked shallow. Well it wasnt, it was about mid thigh deep or so. I hit the water at about 40 or so. And then i went up and over the bars. Looked back and my predator was upside down. Flipped it back over started it up and went riding some more....i was soaked but it was still fun.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
wel for the first time i wrecked my pred,, had it out on a mx track for the first time, playing was very happy with the way it ran and jumped, toyed with a banshee for a bit,, not much competition. heading to the truck had to go on the flat track for a lap, hit 4th gear and went into the corner, started powersliing the corner and ended up having more power than slide. i started to roll, bailed off scratched the new helmet, and road rashed my shoulder quad went over 3 times. ended up only breaking part of the park brake thing and the stop on the front brake, fixed that with some mechanics wire and a carb return spring from the autoparts store. pulled off he front and sraightened everyting out. the good part, nothing on quad couldnt fix for 2.99 and wire. the bad part, everyone watched me looking like an ass, and forgot to mention, when i hit the ground busted a rib. all in the name of fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts