Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone how are you all?i have finally got myself a polaris about time aswell.What would the best warn winch be for the hawkeye 4x4 the 1.5 or the 2.5?

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Well, if you have the money, you might as well get the bigger winch. Might as well have more power than not enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey shakin cheers for the reply,i sent a email to a company asking if the mounting bracket came with the winch,they then emailed polaris (i dont know why)who said i should go with the 1.5 i dont want that i want the 2.5.I wonder why polaris said that hmmm.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Maybe they feel that a 2.5 is strong enough to damage the chassis and the 1.5 is not.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I don't like the 1.5 because you can't unlock it and unspool the cable manually...

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought of a 2.0 hmmm,where abouts is a good place to get a winch?
Cheers fro the info so far.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got my 3.0 from www.kappers.us

The guys there are really nice. Prices are not too bad either. I called them up and asked if they could do any better than the prices on the web.. I got a little better deal. Customer service is great..

Ebay would be a ok deal as well.

Oh i just saw you were from the UK. I dont know if kappers ships to the UK. Ebay may be the way to go..

·
Registered
184 Posts
my 2.5 has a free spool switch on the side. I had trouble finding a warn mount for my 400 but Ramsey had one and the bolt patterns are the same.
Do a search for Warn winches it lists all the Dealers. Take some time to do the shopping I saved over 100.00 by looking around.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I thought that the 1.5 was the only winch designed to fit in the front end of a hawkeye.

Plus, what does that machine weigh, I wouldn't think you would need a very big winch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ur right schneble_ky 1.5 is the only winch designed for the hawkeye.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Shakin is right, u could probably make a bigger winch fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok I have read this about 4 times now, the 1500 doesnt free spool, so i got dressed and went to my hawkeye and yep the 1500 does free spool on the back side their is a small lever for freespooling

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got my winch from RCS Off-Road Products. http://rcsoffroad.com/xcart/catalog/index.html
free shipping on the winches and will match prices.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine came free (yea right) with my hawkeye, it was that or 200 toward other acc. since I have plenty of cridit I took the 1.5 winch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't think that since a machine only weighs "x" that a small winch is more than enough. I got my Mv7 (yes it's heavier than most, so am I) stuck in a mud hole Monday and ran the 2,500 winch right to "stall" while pulling it out. If you had an overhead anchor point it would be easier to lift a rig straight up than to pull it through some of what we get mired in. A snatch block is always a good investment, doubles your pulling power (but cuts your available "reach" by half),still it's pretty handy if you can drag the cable out, reach an anchor, then winch it clear in one shot, especially when you are alone! Put my vote down for "More Power"

Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
bought a 2000 ld gorilla off ebay with a specific mount plate for $110 winch and $45 mount plate fit like a glove and works well you can free spool mounts to existing holes and came with a snatch block

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
update:

Hi Jimmy

Just want to take a moment to thank you for all of the forums that you have mentioned us. We have upgraded quite a bit since we last talked.

I just wanted to let you know that we have a new dedicated website and phone number for our ATV stuff if you did not already know. Below is our new Website and Toll Free Number. If you do still refer us please use the new below information. The old number you have still works but this is the new dedicated number.

www.kfiproducts.com

Toll Free 1-877-346-2050

Thanks again and happy riding.

Corey Boelman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts