Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were just sitting here talking about the race and wondered if the Predator will run out of fuel at the WORCS series Im Milton???? Anyone raced raced it ?I know when racing locally, it seems to really suck up the fuel!!!!! Thanks for any info ahead of time...TINA :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I just raced at the GNCC Crawfordville race. 10 mile coarse. I thought I would have enough gas to finish my 4th lap. About 400 ft my Predator ran out of gas. So I ran about 9 3/4 mi on reserve. The only problem I was having is that on the open field runs 5th gear wfo it would start cutting out. The sad part is I know that I can run 3 laps on a 8-10 mi coarse but I couldn't find my pits. I hope this give you some idea on fuel usage.

Dan

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAmmit..thats what I thought.......:( Do they even make a Desert tank for the Predator???

·
Registered
557 Posts
I guess I should ask what is WORCS series. Is that desert racing or XC?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
IMS has a fuel tank for the predator that is a little over 4 gals.

·
Registered
429 Posts
and white so you can see your fuel level.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW ....I didnt know that.....I wish I would have known this ahead of time, but this will have to be thought out then and know where the checkpoints are for pit areas I guess.... Braff1 go to www.WORCSracing.com and you will see what its all about.....:) Its a VERY stategic race on the east and West coast. Do you remember Washugal??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Tina, If I read the site posting of WORCS it is only an hour long for quads. you should have plenty of fuel to run 1 hour. My predator can run up to 2 hours on a tank of gas, after that it is pretty low.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what about when WOT??? whew.....good, it looks like alot of hillclimbin involved so I wasnt sure..... I was goig to ask Daryl Rath, but I cant get ahold of him.......

·
Registered
557 Posts
WFO, hill climbs. Have you seen the pics of the open fields and hill climbs at Crawfordsville Ironman GNCC on EXRIDERS. I was able to make 4 laps but switched to reserve on the 4 th lap just after passing my pits. Let me say when the tank gets low it will cut out at high sustained runs through the open fields. I had no problems with the hill climbs though. If the race is only 1 hour you should have plenty of gas to make it. I'll even give you my 3 mile, 30 minute warranty with that too. lol

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha. Yes, I did see those pics, and man...... When the PRedaotr hits Reserve, it sure goes dry shortly after too!!! I remember one time we were out hill shootin( some of those that I posted all the pics of our new track) and switched it over litereally on the hill, and turned back to refuel and it ran out right before I could even get back to fuel up,which wasnt but a few hundred feet away....WEll, I expereinced that SAME THING last wk end on the same set of hills on my 400ex 3/4 the way up!!BUT. I made it up,that one was Troys fault.hehe he thought he filled them that morning and didint.....LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
i raced the ironman gncc at crawfordsville,in and and went for 2 hrs and 45 and didnt run out,,i also ran a worcs rcae a waukon, ia and they r short and ull easily make it on gas..pin it!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the replies, I feel better about it now.... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts