Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on racing a friend that has a stock 2002 raptor and I have the mods that u see bellow do u think that I will smoke him with no prob. ????

·
Registered
217 Posts
If he is running a truly stock cRaptor, then you should beat him. You will not run off and leave him, but you should be able to beat him.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Unless the Raptor has a 100 pound little girl on it, he can forget it. Your pred will more than likely get beat out of the hole, but after about the first 20 - 30 feet, it pulls very hard and you should fly right on by. I just got back from Little Sahara and had no problem beating 95% of the 4 strokes out there in a drag race. Good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
if both bikes are stock the predator will win. and for as coming out of the hole its the best rider. them raptor guys can talk all that smack they want to they no the predator is faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol propolaris.. not all of us leave our bikes stock

·
Registered
18 Posts
No disrespect intended, but not all Pred owners leave theirs stock either... But, that wasn't the question; CCpredatorracer was wondering if HE could beat his buddy's STOCK Rappy... In which case the answer would be yes, he could. Now, don't think I'm picking on you Raptor420 (and sorry for getting off topic), but with the little time I've been on all the ATV forums I've noticed that Raptor (and some D650 and CDale) owners have a big problem with defeat! I've been drag racing for a couple of years and had a pretty competitive car and spent lots of time on competitor's forums just BSing! I didn't have a great car but it was fast (Nissan Sentra.... yup, Sentra... ran 12.49 @ 118 MPH with no rice boy sh!t [no stripped interior, stickers, or spoilers]) and even though there was much nicer cars than mine that were proven (such as the Rappy is), no one ever disrespected me OR my car simply for being different; I even got props from a lot of older domestic and H&A/DSM guys! I guess what I'm trying to get at is that some ATVers seem like they have freakin' penis envy whenever they talk about there **** bikes and really, it's sad to see. You'd think everyone could get along and just shut up and ride, but nope; people can almost get physical saying that their bike is faster and blah blah blah! Well you know what, I'll be the first to admit: my bike is not the fastest bike out there. I'll probably go out and get spanked left and right! But, I'll have a blast doing it! Sorry to use you as an example Raptor420 (and if other Rappy/D650/CDale people get their panties in a wad and want to start flaming me, so be it), but it just gets so **** annoying after a while! And I've only been doing this for a couple of months! Oh well.. Have a nice day people :D BTW, again, CCpredatorracer sorry for hi-jacking your post bro...

·
Registered
455 Posts
David,

Your sentra goes that fast?? Wow dude, you must be proud!! Some years ago, I owned and dragged an 87 GN. I won some, but lost more. lol

Maybe it comes with age, but I dont really give a hoot if I could out drag a raptor or whatever else.

All I know, Im happy with the Predator. It gives me the confidence that my Honda never gave me.

Welcome to the forum, David :))

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
CC~~ My best friend has a stock Predator and ours is stock also.... The Predator beat it every time.. Both riders are good riders too... I think if it werent for the Raptor wanting to wheelie up in take off, might help his start,but when it hits mid.. he beat him every time....Alot has to do with rider too. I think you will be fine :) TINA

·
Registered
48 Posts
In all seriousness, preds are quick.. and if it was anything but drag racing, i'd get my a s handed to me without a doubt. but i think stock for stock, it'll go to the better rider no matter which quad he's on. been my experience anyway. and it is NICE to launch a predator. lil wheelspin, and it's gone. and i didn't mean to come across like i apparently did david. however, you guys all seemed kinda pissed that i would even hint that it wasn't a sure win.. in fact, all i hear is how the pred wins.. there is no sure winner in that race..

BTW, I've been drag racing for years. 12's in a sentra is pretty badass.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I would have to admit that the Raptors are nice. My buddy bought the 03 Limited Edition and it is the same one I almost bought. I changed my mind and got the Predator instead. I like the Raptor as far as power. My buddies Raptor followed us through the dunes everywhere we went and he was on knobbies only. He climbed some hills I didn't think he could climb. I was impressed by the Raptor, but I love my Predator alot more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red, I was very proud of the car! It was a blast to drive and I surprised quite a few people! GNs are bad-ass cars! I actually was looking to get one when I sold my Sentra...

But anyway, I feel the exact same way! If I wanted to be a speed demon, I would have bought a shee... But, I didn't; I wanted something that was quick and **** fun and so far, the Predator has had no problem doing that for me.

BTW, Raptor420, I know your intentions weren't bad, it's just that some ATV owners (Pred owners included) seem to get all touchy when it comes to talking about who's faster... Ya know? I didn't mean to make it seem like I was picking on you.. I just wish a lot of ATVers out there would grow up and just have fun and stop turning this into a pissing contest (which you didn't do, I'm just venting). BTW, thanks for the props on the Sentra..

Hopefully, I din't come across like a jerk, guys; that wasn't my intentions... I just needed to vent... Again, sorry...

·
Registered
455 Posts
David,

I know this isnt the right place, but I have to ask...

That nissan you had, did it have a hairdryer or supercharger on it??

RrrRrrr!!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I'm with you David. I don't care what you ride or who is faster as long as you have FUN. That is the whole point to buying a quad in the first place. I have never been much of a racer, I just go to play in the dirt. I have friends who ride all different bikes and still get along fine.

Ride safe and try to get along! LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red, T3/T04E... .60 A/R Comp. Housing with a 60 Trim wheel / .63 A/R Exh. hausing with a stage III wheel.... It was fun :D

mdepdawg, like you said, I ride with friends w/blasters, 4X4 quads, dirtbikes, etc... and we have a blast! And that's what it's all about! BTW, I'll hit you up next time I go down so we can go ride!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol. At work, all we do is talk smack.. hence the reason the credit cards keep coming out. i'm having just as much fun modifying the preds in our group as my raptor. in fact, i'm still waiting to put on my suspension cause they both got airforce kits. btw, i wasn't riding my quad, but they took it out against the airforce/wb slip on pred and it beat the rap 3-2.. time to spend more money. If nothing else, I gotta stop helping them beat me. LMFAO

·
Registered
119 Posts
i hope yoshi has a full system for the predator my buddy got one for his raptor and made a huge difference i think he can pull a head of my pred. will find out sunday. if i get beat i cant complaine the raptor 160cc bigger you no.

·
Registered
48 Posts
propolaris, i'd check out the mbrp pipes.. no repacking, quiet, and they look great. work well too. i know they have a full system for the pred.

·
Registered
119 Posts
thanks raptor420 i got a white brothers on it now dont really like it had to take the disk off and leave it opened ended to get good power. it is to loud.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just wonder if the pred rider is better than the raptor rider and the pred rider weighs bought 50 pounds less would i get off the lines faster?
Thanx, Zack

·
Registered
119 Posts
rider skeels and weight does make a huge a difference

1 - 20 of 32 Posts