Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike done today after a couple of weeks not riding. Anywas i put two HyrdoCoolers by CFM on,Had the header sent to Jet Hot, Put A Slip on K&N filter and Breather, and jetted the carb with a 170 main jet. And it fuckin Screams i hit 92.9mph with the trail tech kit on a back road in my neighborhood with little space and i have 22/12.50/10 SpiderTracs. I left a raptor by at least a full football field on a 2 mile straight away maybe even more when he wanted to race. let me know what you guys all think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check the trailtech computer configuration for front tire size. Yours might be a bit off for that speed. I got mine to 80 and then 81 and I thought and still think it might be a bit off. My configuration for the trailtech is correct.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well when i got the trail tech speedo and **** i ran it stock and i was hitting about 82 so then i threw the 38t sprocket and tires on and it was at about 78 now it is only going to 92.9. either way it is still almost 15 more mph..i am going to the track one of these days i will let you know if it is off or not, but in order fpr me to smoke the **** out of a raptor like that it has to be about right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Your trailtech computer is definetely off by quite a bit"

Well To Prove that cause i cant believe it either but today me and my buddy were cruisin arund and when i was going 75 he was right next to me in the same lane doing 75 also i culd see his dash anyways i cant believe that is true, i am going to the dragstip in about 4 hours to run against some of my friends with vipers 93 and 98 and i bt them i would smoke them in the 1/8th mile. what do yall think. i will post a drag slp to prove it to the speed to yall.

"from the 21 to the 22" tire is a 5% change. this will give you about a 4mph increase in top speed over stock tires if the motor has enough torque to pull the same rpms. so in theory that should take you to the 85mph range - james"

Ok sowhat if i went with sme 23 inch on the back and 23/7/10 on the front. i need new tires how does it work with the front tires and what about the gearing with the frontsprocket its stock now but is there anyway i can get one that will also increase top end. if not what can i do to icrease top end. thanks everyone that posted and to all of yall that have a bunch of **** done to yours please dont be mad cause mines faster.........

·
Registered
993 Posts
faster and having an improperly calibrated speedometer are two different things. Wake up, your quad is simply not going that fast.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
lets say for instance, that this speed is correct! what the hell does that do for you in the woods. whos faster now. thats what i thought. keep your top end. i ride woods and that top end would do nothing for me, or you in the trails.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I won't trust any speedometer for top speed, only a GPS. Even my own Trailtech computer, which is fairly close, reads a little bit fast. By my figures it's high about 8%, so I need to do the math and figure out what number to put into it to make it accurate.

Rob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Totally stock my predator ran 74 mph clocked next to two different vehicles. I could see one running 80 mph or just a little over changing tires and gears, but that's about it. If you dropped some major cash into it, yeah, maybe. Trust something reliable, not a bolt on speedo

·
Registered
65 Posts
What number do you have input as tire size on your computer? I installed a trail tech on my dads 400ex this weekend and it said he was doing 92. so I checked the tire size and it was set at 2205(motorcycle tire size). I changed it and it got a much more reasonable 55 mph!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well to all you people talking **** to make this quick i gotta go but for you rngmaster i went to the track yesterday and hit 82 in the 1/4 and my speedo wa3 at 85 by the time i looked down so dont tell me its off, and that answer your ? BassMAn Yes i dialed it all in right, for you shakin, come to my woods and you`ll have to be ablt to have top speed if you want to catch me, what you think i bought a quad to drag race, come to my town and get "shakin" i really hate talking **** to Yall with predators cause they are Dogs of all 4 Wheelers. Its just those jelous ones i like talkin the **** too..... Later I`ll be back tonight so let me know whats up

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would believe 82 and 85 with your high end setup. I've hit 81 with just the exhaust replaced. I know if you let the pred wined out at the top end for a while the speed does increase. THat's how I got to 80 and then 81 speeds.

·
Registered
993 Posts
82mph is a little more believable, but almost 93mph, I don't think so. Maybe if you took all that heavy diamond plate and the heavy spider trak tires your computer will read 100mph. Like someone said above, try getting your (ACCURATE) mph with a good gps, you will probably be a little surprised, especially after the way you have been talking out of your ass.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
hey pred, who the **** do you think you are, GOD? woods is classified as more than one tree next to a trail. come to my woods bitch and well see whos fast. what makes you so lippy punk? a drag race last what 15 seconds at best and anyother race lasts how long? thats what i thought. dont give me that "come to my woods, come to my woods" i guess if you know the trails that wouldn't help would it? JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Oh and by the way pred, the point everyone including me was trying to make is that it sounded very high. you are the one who started talking ****!! Sorry for the rude post everyone, but dummies make me mad!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
for one thing i wasnt really talkng **** until u posted. But i figured it all out now it is pretty **** close because went to the drags and was runnin 80 even at the mark and when looked down it said 82 but then i kept punchin it and i got it to 97.2 with supr trap pipe that i jst installed so you be mad or just believe cause i have the slip that said thmph in just the 1/4mile so end theshit talkin. and with the WOODS thing i dont even have woods so pick the spt and i`ll there HA

·
Registered
993 Posts
So it went 80mph at the 1/4 mark, but you were able to go from 80mph to 97.2mph through the shutdown area before running out of track???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I for one, am very glad you love your machine. I am not ripping you, sorry DISSIN you. However, you were talking garbage in your very first post. This machine will NOT go that fast.Not with the few mods you've done. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't. That is WAY TOO FREAKIN FAST!! I've had mine pegged out around 75, and that was more than enough for me. I've geared mine down a bit, to get more low end. If you want to go 90, get in your car, it would be a lot safer.

Maybe if you talked like a normal human being, you know, using english and grammar, and stop the b.s., you might actually be taken seriously. You might even have some good insight to offer.

Peace out????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey predator... put down the bong and come back to earth.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts