Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike done today after a couple of weeks not riding. Anywas i put two HyrdoCoolers by CFM on,Had the header sent to Jet Hot, Put A Slip on K&N filter and Breather, and jetted the carb with a 170 main jet. And it fuckin Screams i hit 92.9mph on a back road in my neighborhood with little space and i have 22/12.50/10 SpiderTracs. I left a raptor by at least a full football field on a 2 mile straight away maybe even more. let me know what you guys all think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How did you measure the speed? I've got mine to 81 using a trailtech computer, which is 1mph of error plus or minus I think. The only mod I have for performance is a PurePolaris exhaust.

Did you use a radar gun or trailtech computer? If a trailtech computer you should make sure you have it configured correct. 92.9 is pretty fast for a predator. Was it on tar road and what distance and was the road flat or down a hill (lol).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like i said i have the trail tech kit and i know its on but when i hit 92.9 it was on my backroad and it was not much road at all les then a 1/4mile,not tar roads i wishand it was flat

·
Registered
636 Posts
92.9 mph in less than a 1/4 mile on a back dirt road?(not tar) I think somethings wrong with the trail tech. I think I better get out my boots (the tall ones) thats like a 14 sec quarter mile ET, and its was not even a 1/4 So it would even be quicker than 14's I didn't see much hi-po parts in your sig, just a lot of extra weight. sorry...I usualy keep my mouth shut, I spend a lot of time at the track, and it seemed a little on the quick side.....

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
*cough* bullshit!*cough* this was posted a long time ago. this was ridiculous before and it still is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
right ! I think that this quad should be sent to nasa to get an evaluation. mabe we could send a few more people to the moon with
this technology

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
agreed, saw the post and thought hmmm another 92.9 mph pred? but no, its the same one wish mine was that fast.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Locally around my town we have a group of high schoolers who think that there 98 civics can run circles around an LS1 F-body. It is quite funny. This thread reminded me of a kid last week that was trying to convinc me that his neon R/T ran a 15.2 E/t with a speed of 97 mph. Oh and then he went on to tell me that it will go 150 mph. Its people like this that really piss me off! LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
lol..predator_96, i hear ya..being an avid drag racer myself, i see alot of these clowns that bench race they're cars..a friend of a friend said he could take me in his 01 V6 camaro..well that wasent even a race! LOL The other was a friends brother who had an 88 Pontica GTA with a 350. He said it had all kinds of work done, just rebuilt, blah blah blah, how bad he was gonna beat me at the track, this and that..well my car was lightly modded, gears, exhaust, pullies, about it..well i ran like a [email protected], he ran like a [email protected] THEN after i beat him he went around and told everyone i had 20g into my motor! Talk about a sore looser! I told him, **** with 20g into my car..i'd hope i'd go better then 14.1! LOL
These people are nothing but bench racers..

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Oh its all to common! LOL i had a 91 GTA that came with the 350 TPi. Only think i had done was flowmasters and a K&N. This thing had 130000 miles on it and it had a bad ass tranny. The clutches were built up and some other goodies. The torque of those TPI's are crazys sometimes. I ran a 15.05 @96 as a best. I dont know where 96 came from because i ran a 15 flat and it pulled a 93 mph trap speed. The ricers are alot of fun to watch. I would always let them rev the up there fart cans and then i would smoke through first and that tranny woudl just slam into second with a chirp and it was gone! Man i miss that car.

My buddy has a completely stock 93 camaro Z28. This thing has about 85k miles on it. You can call BS on me but he has the slips and i was there he ran a 14.3 @96mph.

What kind of car did u run?...i think we need a new thread lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have an 88 Mustang. I think i have a pic in my profile..if not i'll put one in. Yeah i beleive you on the 93Z. they can move pretty quick. My cousin has a 88 Firebird that had a 305 motor in it..that was a joke, so he bought a 350..hehe, well he still cant keep up!

Now with the mods i had above, (exhaust, pullies, gears) i ran a best of [email protected] with slicks. Thats with a 1.9 60ft time. Not bad...so then i did heads, cam, intake, and a bunch of other stuff..well i ran a [email protected]! Im VERY low on compresion, so i think its time for a rebuild..FFS...

·
Registered
636 Posts
predator_96
Yea the neon story does sound a little fishy....BUT....did you know the neon SRT come 230 hp stock! and is the fastest dodge made, other than the viper. Just thought I would through that in.. the car will do 14's stock! if its a SRT It also cost $20,000

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
yeah my buddy is a huge mopar freak. Lol it is kinda funny that there second fastest car as you say is the neon, kinda like chevy's fastest being a cavalier. I hear about then new charger is comming back out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
230 at the crank is realistic, knock about 70 to 90 hp off for tranny efficency and you have 150 at the front WHEEL. Stock tires and stock intake yada ya I can't see it running a 14, when a WRX STI will run low 14 or high 13's when it's turbo'd to all 4 wheels with trac- control and a turbo. I'm sorry but usually I am not impressed with these little mini cars, gimme a Saleen running 10's, now thats fast, expensive as all hel, but fast. My boss has 2 Nova's (Chevy II's don't remember if they are nova's) and a C5 vette, his novas run high 10's and low 11's he vette turns 12's on a good day. Hmm, yeah double the weight but double to tripple the HP. I had a 84 SVO (still kicking myself in the ass for selling) never got to drag it but I did run SCCA for a while out at Tucson airport. I'll take a 60 mph road race through winding turns over going a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds. I'm not calling bullshit as a buddy of mine had a 97 neon that he popped a 50 shot of NOS on and it was quick however my SVo could take it with ease, and as for road racing it couldn't come close. Ahhh the days of going fast, now I drive a 4door truck with a v6! 0 to 60 in a little less than my mom!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
heh, there is not a 70 - 90 hp loss through a drive train. maybe if your running a ford 9 inch. I would say its close to 190, plus its a transaxle little less loss that a rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
160 Posts
general rule of thumb is 10% loss

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry Erik..seen them run, mid to low 14s are quite possible with this car. I cant see it looseing that much power through the front wheels. ****, most rwd cars loose 10-15% with a manual tranny..15-20% with a poorly built auto..fwd cars are less. The car is light, and thats quite a bit of power its putting down.

I must say that they're still neons, still ugly if you ask me..but thats just my opinion..and you know what they say about opinions! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts