Polaris Riders Forum banner

who has HMF pipe?

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  rocketchp 
#1 ·
I just got the HMF pipe and I installed with the drop in K&N filter and NO air box mods. They told me to use a 155 main. does that sound right? This bike isnt as easy to jet as others I have owned so I was hoping to get close on the first try.

#2 ·
What's the elevation where you live? If it's close to sea level, then a 155 (or a 152.5) oughta do it.

With my WB pipe, all eight disks, and the drop-in K&N, I continue to use the stock 150 jet up here at 4500'. Anything more than that, and it just stumbles at high RPM.

Rob

#3 ·
Rob,
I am at sea level, here in Seattle. thanks for the info...

#4 ·
I've got an HMF silencer on mine and Im running a 167.6 main with a 50 pilot and Im at about 20 feet below sea level. Works the best for me.

#10 ·
HMF sounds cool:)

#12 ·
I ordered mine directly from HMF. it was $275.00 delivered with the quiet core/spark arrestor.

#13 ·
how loud are they. i was looking at them but i dont want a loud pipe. so if you compared that to a stock pipe how much louder are they? thanks

#14 ·
They are pretty loud, but with quiet core they sound like a stock pipe.

#16 ·
just buy an hmf! Louder is better:)

#20 ·
If you dont have to worry about noise forget about the quiet core insert. The insert makes it as loud as the stock pipe. Without it it idels at like 108db witch it LOUD but what I have learned from my dad riding Harleys loud pipes save lives!

Zack

#21 ·
Noise closes down riding areas! Why do you think there are noise restrictions being placed on areas? Because it is upsetting people who want to camp and enjoy these areas without the excess noise. Pipes like the Trinity show the ignorance of pipe buiders located in the very areas under complaint! Yet; these same companies making loud pipes are members of the ASA and supposedly helping to save the dunes. At least White Bros. and HMF have made an honest attempt at keeping volumes down. Kudos to them! Please show me the statistics stating proof that loud pipes save lives.

#22 ·
Ok Sport I didnt mean to get you mad or anything but I was just saying that for sh*ts and giggles. I mean the pipe isnt loud with the insert so why do you care. Go yell at someone else that bought the trinity!

Zack

#23 ·
Ummm; I'm not mad and I wasn't yelling at you. My comments were intended to educate riders on why loud pipes aren't cool. I've seen comments such as "loud is cool" and "louder means more power." This is not cool nor is it a subject to be taken lightly. Trinity was just an example. There are others such as Big Gun and DMC who are very loud also.

#24 ·
Ok yeah some companys are really loud. At least some of them are trying to help people out and they have the option of buying a quiet core insert. In my opinion it should be the law that all pipes should come with a quiet core insert, so you can take it out if you are at the track or you dont use it or whatever. That would keep alot of places open.

Zack

#25 ·
Exactly Zack! Loud pipes are supposedly for closed competition only. The manufacturers have to state this as well in their disclosures to protect themselves. I may seem an extremist here, but **** I don't want to lose my right to ride. Ya know? :(

#26 ·
Sport you're in no way an extremist. They've been sound testing our harescrambles this year. 100 DB or you don't run. It's only extremem til it hits your riding area. Address the issue now, before it gives some yahoo a reason. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.