Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i rejetted my bike 2 days ago and changed plug and she blowes alittle smoke out when you get on.... it just alittle and then this morning i pull the plug and its a real light grey almost white. i only have rode the bike for about a hour on the new plug and rejet do have to have a certain amount of time so really gives me a reading or what only reason i jetted is because of drop in k&n and 4 air vents????? can anyone explain?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Smoke is not your indicator, the plug is. Ot is internal(aka combustion camber) so if it is white, toss in a size larger jet. I talked/ordered a airbox mod from hardrock and they tell you to jump from 1 150 to a 170. So that would give you an idea how restrictive the air-box is.

short version, it is lean. jump up in jets until it is carmel colored.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SO EVEN THOUGH THE SMOKE SHOULD JUMP ONE SIZE UP I'M PUT INA 155 SHOULD I JUMP TO A 157.5 OR 160 AND PUT IN ALL 6 UNI VENTS OR SHOULD I LEAVE JUST 4 IN THANKS FOR THE HELP LET ME KNOW GOING TO DO IT TODAY

·
Registered
142 Posts
toss all the vents in and put a 165 to 170 jet in.

You are adding a lot more air, so go rich the lean it out, lean can burn stuff up.

aka no riding cause of a nuclear piston.

Also, you can feel the increase in power when you jet it right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'LL TRY THAT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I'LL TELL YOU HOW IT ENDED UP TODAY CHECK THIS LATER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts