Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good filter? I had the K&N and was not to happy when i saw all of the sand in the snorkel and sitting on top of the filter. Does White Bros actually make this or is this just another companys? Also is this a paper or foam filter, and is it re-usable?

·
Registered
246 Posts
f you want protection go with the w/b its maid by uni filter the K&N flows better but the uni protects better.
plus there 1/2 the price of the K&N i think we have them for 15.00

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they flow better than the Stock paper filter and the twin air? i dont want ot buy the cage with the twin air filter. Also is it a foam design? How can i order from you guys since i cant get to your website.... thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
They are foam and are better flowing than stock by far and protcts better

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Anytime you can, it is very beneficial to use an Outerwear in conjunction with the K&N.....especially at the dunes.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See i was gonna go that route but im doing another clamp on on my new pred, and i havent heard of an outerwear for the drop in...if there is than i will go that route.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I do'nt think that it's the K&N filter (fault) for letting the sand and dust in.
If you over tighten the hose clamp on the air box. It says on it to only torque to 18 lbs. You will get a leak there and let the bad stuff in.

later

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well yes, but it was evident that sand was comming in right at the edges of the filters rubber. The stock filter i had never showed signs of doing this.

Could you put a bead of silicone around the top edge of the K&N to give it a little more height and make a better seal?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I don't know what K&N suggests, but the W/B foam filter says to buy waterproof grease and put it all around the outside edge of the filter to keep this exact scenario from happening in the first place. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To back up what Pure Predator said. Being an Ex MX guy, I have always used a thin amount of grease on the surface of my air filters. I have done the same thing on my predator. If your using the K&N filter apply a thin amount of grease around the inner lip of the air box lid. This will prevent any dust and water seeping through the top side. Also apply a thin layer to the bottom side of the air filter that way the filter contact surface is sealed as well. I also use Bel-Ray filter oil on my filter. If you use a filter oil make sure you use (again) a small amount. There is no need to saturate the filter.

Just my two cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts