Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
just rejetted the bike after the install of the full Big Gun race system and it seems to be not as fast as it was with the stock jetting(could be my imagination) . I went to a 160 main and the needle is set at the second notch from the top. The air box is modified with univents, a drop in k&n, and the snorkel is removed. I have other jets, and thought before I tear the whole thing down just to read the plug, maybe one of you has the answers I'm looking for. Thanks in advance

Tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am running a Big Gun system and have a 155 main jet, left the needle in the stock position. No airbox mods, just the K&N drop in. It seems to be just right.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I KNOW IT ALOT OF WORK TO RUN AT MAXIMUM RPM AND HIT THE KILL SWITCH AND AN PULL THE PLUG TO CHECK IT OUT. I JUST PULL MIND DNOW AND LEAVE EVERYTHING OFF, AND JUST PUT THE FUEL TANK BACK ON SO YOU CAN RE-TEST AND TUNE AS REQUIRED.
THERE NO WAY TO GUESS WHICH IS RIGHT. YOU MAY WANT TO CHANGE THE PILOT JET TO AS WELL. THIS HELP OFF IDLE RESPONSE AND WILL CHANGE YOUR PLUG SETTING AS WELL.
SHORT TRACK RACER FATTEN UP THE PILOT AND LOWER THE MAIN AS THERE NOT ALWAYS AT WOT. (WIDE OPEN THROTTLE) GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts