Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question for all you's guru's out there. I just put in K&N filters in my predators, with the standard pred air box, no mods. I don't plan on changing to a clamp on or air box mods for a while. Now it seems like the quad sputters from time to time. It goes much quicker take off but then can really drop of it you accelerate quick to top speed. I figure after readin everything in here I need to re-jet the carbs. What is the best setup or type of jets to get? I'm at around sea level to maybe 1000 feet and it's always about 50 or 60 degrees and mostly around upper 70's for temp. I read modquads article in the mag, that helps alot. I am wondering if there is a jet kit or something and if anyone knows what jet would be best for my altitude and temp so I get a good start at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have a buddy with the same mods as you and he had the same issues, seems with the wb slip on and k&n replacement it has issues. ill see what he did yto make it better. try going up to main jet sizes

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey that would be great, thanks kevin.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey razorglare, do you post over a gd.com? i noticed a user with your name tonight. if so the guy im referring to is tresombre

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I just started to. I plan on spending some time out at the dunes this winter and that looks like a good group of people. Although I'm a newbie, so just getting started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts