Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Im meeting a buddy of mine sunday to go riding, ill have a rundown of predator vs banshee vs raptor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
depends what kind of mods they have. stock the predator is faster than both other bikes.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I've found that you can't count on beating a Banshee all the time, at least in the sand. Stock for stock, the Banshee is no match for a Predator. But once you put pipes on it, watch out.

My friend Chuck, who has a Raptor and a Banshee (with pipes) says his piped Raptor will beat his Banshee on hardpack, but on the dunes, there's no contest.

I can beat probably half of the Banshees I race on the dunes... they're machines that are either tired, or the riders just don't know how to ride them well. Two-strokes seem to require a lot of skill to go fast.

But then the other half, no way. I'll get beat by anywhere from two to eight lengths. These are machines with pipes, jets, and maybe reeds too. Heck, Chuck just got his new Toomey T-6 pipes, which are worth an additional 10 hp over the older T-5 pipes, so he'll be beating me even worse now. :)

Rob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Raced this weekend, beat the banshee and the raptor. THe banshee was stock and the raptor had a pipe/intake/jet kit. Beat the bannshee thru 4th gear then ran out of room. Was tied witht he raptor up to 3rd, then pulled on him.

My pred is totally stock by the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have both a Predator and a Banshee. The Predator smokes the Banshee hands down, when both were stock. The Predator now has some mods. and it's actually sad how much slower the Banshee is now than the Predator. By the way the Banshee is my wife's quad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I followed some guy on a Banshee last weekend in my truck on a paved road and I'm sure he had some mods because I was doing 70 and he was pulling away slowly.

DVS

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a chance to race a Banshee this weekend and my predator is stock and the banshee had dg pipes on it we raced on the highway, i took him till he got into forth then he was pullin away but only won by like a quad and a half

1 - 8 of 8 Posts