Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this forum for four days straight. I keep hearing that the valves are a major problem on the predator. Is this really a problem for these preds? What the hell is polaris thinking? Polaris needs to make a product that at least will be worth the money spent? Make "made in the usa" worth something!

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
there is no problem with the valves. just like anyother quad the valves do need adjusted after soo long. (a long time). i have over 100+ hours and need no adjustment

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
the problem is .. Getting your hands on a set!!! lol
we neded up paying a little more and going stainless.... ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think he's referring to some of the guys here having to actually replace the whole valve, guide, & or head. This subject hasn't come up in a while. Anyone with valve problems care to chime in???

BTW. I've never owned a four stroke quad, dirtbike, or street bike that the valves "Never" needed adjusting.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Our Vavles were new, just wouldnt seat properly ....

·
Registered
446 Posts
yea all valves need adjusted eventually...

·
Registered
115 Posts
i put my pistin in backwards back when my quad was fairly new an the exhaust valves hit an must have bent the valves but i didnt kno it till i rebuilt it this year when i had the valves out i refaced them an then both exhaust valves werent sealing so then i did the seats next then after all that i had to grind the news shims to where i had enough clearance but it was a cheap fix 40 bucks 2 new valves....

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a set of complete valves, valve springs, valve guides, retainers, valve seals and locks for sale if anyone is interested. They might have 20 hrs on them at the most.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you have an engine that will turn 12,000 rpms the valve train is going to put through hell as is the piston and crank face it you have a hp race engine you going to have to work on it maintenance before repair

1 - 9 of 9 Posts