Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really confused... I was out riding the other day through some moderate mud and I stopped to look at a herd of deer. My rear tires sunk very deep and I was stuck.. Once I got out of the mud with a little help from a friend I had no power going to the wheels. It was running and the clutch was fine. The wierd thing is I could shift into any gear and when i released the clutch lever and the engine would still run as if it was in neutral. What the hell could of happened.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You totally lost me. Your saying it runs, and you can shift gears, but no power goes to the wheels ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I`m lost 2, Maybe you lost your "CHAIN"..Is it still on???

·
Registered
54 Posts
This may sound stupid but I think I know what he was talking about..A few months ago I had my pred up on the lift and fired her up and put it in gear (without giving it gas) 1st then second..I noticed the wheels did not speed up between those gears so I went to 3rd then 4th same thing?? I got no shutter at all even upshifting .It was like the gears were not shifting. There is nothing wrong with my pred but it confused me.. Everything else I have owned if I upshifted without wheel speed it would shutter. Enlighten me if you can ?Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Was your chain on there when you took it in? That would be pretty funny to get it back and have the service dude tell you that your chain was broken.lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts