Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Pred Riders!!
Just wanted a lil input from everyone. I was wondering what sprockets everyone would suggest for wanting great top speed. I have the 40 tooth on the rear right now, and i notice way to much of a difference in my top speed. I don't do any racing or anything I just ride backroads on gravel and pavement where i live and when riding with my friends that have 2 raptors we always drag! They both have stock gearing. I leave them taking off but if we race long ways they catch up very slowly. I want some more top speed back, but a lil but of torque in the lower gears also. Any help or suggestions would help guys!! Thanx in advance for any input!!!
Cal Jones

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
dejavue...if thats how its spelled. This is a double post from the drivetrain section.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well with the 40 rear you've made yoru gearing lower and droped some top end mph. go back to stock gear or drop a tooth in the rear. You could also add teeth in the front. say a 15/36..that would be WAY tall..and without engine mods, i doubt the motor could pull 5th gear to the top speed your looking for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will have to agree with Scott_B. The Predator will pull hard 1-4th with the 15/37 gearing but 5th gear is too high for it to pull up too decent rpm's. I also tried the 15/40 combo and even though it is basically the same ratio as the stock gearing,it pulled extremely hard all the way to the top of 5th.15/38 is also decent but 15/39 will get you close to the limiter in 5th,and you will be surprised by the diffrence in top end speed.I run with highly modded banshees and i'm right there with them 4/5 bike lengths behind but these bikes have a lot of money in them,so go do some experimenting with the gearing and see what you prefer,but the higher you go the more bottom you will loose but when you get into the power band hold on b'cause the power will surprise you.I'm getting the heads done to see if that will help pull these tall gears

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Cal i thought you deal with Hard Rock?
i see that you have a superbike kit on instaed of the hard rock kit let me tell you from my own dealings i have 2 preds and one has a super bike kit and the other a hard rock kit guess which on beats the other yes the hard rock bike i run the stock gears all round when i need more top speed i go with one tooth smaller in the rear i gain 6-10 mph on the top but i cant do that with my super bike kit call Jason at Hard Rock and he will hook you up!!!
still want your scoops there killer!!
BOBO

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
LOL sounds like a hard rock representative. Are there products really that good because i have only heard about it from you bobo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey just call them as i see it.
no relay i guess that i relay push for them because of the way they treat me every time i call i get what i need and they help if i ever have a problem they treat me like i own stock in there shop and i am the kind of guy who likes that kind of service and respects a company for that i got nothing but a hard time when i tried to get help from other companies its like im wasting there time
so when i have two different products on my bike one works and one sorta works plus the support i get and the vast product the have i get a little "geared up" .
and i respond to some threads because i heard others talk about HR and thought everyone should have some one in there corner with a good product.
just my thoughts
thanks
Bobo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts