Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 400 scrambler for 10 years now and it has been Race mod/port/bored by HPD. The sucker is about fully bored out(Big Bore)
For years I loved riding this thing because it was powerfull,But for years it has always been tricky to keep running right. The problem has been the Keihin 39mm pwk.The POS has always had float issues,I never could get the dam thing right either it would flood or it would starve and want to run away.
So after years of f--king with this crap carb I'm ready to change it up
I have been looking at getting a mikuni tms or tmx 38mm with a 47mm spigot.
My question is what is the difference between a TMX and A TMS? any help or ideas for me?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know you are a memeber over at GEN3 - you should post this up over there as well. I have a 500, but i have seen several posts lately about the 400 guys doing carb swaps such as a 38VM

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Yes I have been over at that site . I was wondering if anyone over here might have some ideas or even a carb for sale. I have thought of trying a vm44.

maybe a lectron but I don't want to spend a ton of money on this quad.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I guess the lectron is the way to go but where should I buy it and what size.As a matter of fact I need two of them because my 600 predator motor Im building is going to need one also.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i got mine for my crambler/sport from packard i barely had to mess with it.cpi used to make a intake for the lectron set-up ,but packard might have one since him and mike are buddies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts