Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the numbers are 6014, but are the 6014 2RS1, or do they have a J or any what else is the number?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Just ask for 6014 bearings and make sure they are the ones with both side seals in rubber. Should be 6014-2RS indicating two rubber seals.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
all the stuff after the 6014 tells what kind of seals and stuff. You can sometimes find it on the manufacturers web site. Ihave an SKFbook that says theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
If a guy were to put the SKF bearings in the housing, would you really need to do the grease mod? I think it would really benefit the cheap China bearings, but since the SKF is much higher quality I'm not sure it would benefit as much. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Probably would depend on if you ride in all kinds of water and crap. I have not had a problem with my OEM, with about 45-50 hrs is all though.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
I'm at 50 hrs and the stock bearings are shot........when I change them I WILL be doing the grease fitting mod.

On the subject of the bearings and the seals........is it not the idea to remove the inner seals when doing the grease fitting mod?

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
my 07 was at 80 hrs n never say water and they were just fine yet.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
IMO, I would say that it's worth the little extra time for peace of mind even if using SKF bearings. I have done it that way and have zero regrets.

Outlaw50, Yes you are removing the inner bearing seals so the grease gets in there. Hence you would only want to do the grease fitting and plug mod if those seals are removed or the grease will not reach the bearings(not as easily anyway). Doing it later is not really an option. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I guess that would make sense. Kind of like doing a top end rebuild and not putting new gaskets on. Just some preventative measures to help the durability of the machine. I ride mine in muffler deep water here and there so it's probably necessary.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Yep with water and a lot of mud riding I would do it for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Well I did a little researching of my own and came up with a different company and number. I ended up buying a pair of Fafnir 9114PP's on eBay for pretty cheap. They retail for just over $115 each and I got two for less than half of that. Fafnir is now owned by Timken so they are good quality bearings. The PP stands for double seals and a K stands for open. The bearing dimensions are:

ID: 70mm
OD: 110mm
Width: 20mm

Hope this helps some of you looking for bearings.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Yep I saw that number crossover as well. Good luck with the install Nick ,let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my SKF bearings friday and put them in yesterday. I am just waiting on the o-ring and snap ring to come in so I can put the rear end back in and do some riding!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts