Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody planning a trip this october to Little Sahara? I will be there on the 11th.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i would love to go soon!!i might be able to make it out there the last week of october or maybe thanksgiving week!its a long ass drive from wisc.. but is deff worth it

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm heading out there on the 16th of Oct. Can't wait to see if I can find one of them YFZ 450's so I can send them home crying. They also have the sand drag set up with the lights and the timer. Can't wait to see what kind of times I will post. Have fun I know I will.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I live in Woodward, so the Little Sahara is like in my backyard. I raced two yfz45o's last weekend on the new drag and beat them both everytime, but got spanked by one today at the old drag area. He was a big guy around 240 lbs....thought he would be a cake walk. I saw him later at his trailer...one of those BIG TIME YAMAHA guys with a 60'enclosed trailer so quite sure it had engine mods. Had the front fender/gas tank off working on it....looked like something major was wrong with it like maybe the transmission?! I was averaging about 6.25-6.35 seconds @ aprox 49+ mph in 300 feet drag. Let me know how you do if you try the new strip.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back raced a guy with a yfz tht had alot of things done to it, but still looked factory. It would sore off the line like a jet it was fast. but i beat a few stock ones.

The 11th is jump weekend so if you want to see some bad ass **** that would be the weekend to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was at little sahara a couple of months ago. A guy on a yzf450 wanted to race so we did down the old drag strip. I shot off the line 4 bike lengths ahead and he never caught me. He turned out to be a real nice guy.but was not to happy to get spanked not only 1 time but 4 times.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We'll be there over Easter weekend. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i might end up goin if it isnt to cold

·
Registered
231 Posts
Last year when we went, it was cool at night, but during the day was awesome. Mid to upper 70's the hole time, and oh yeah, one of those Oklahoma/Kansas twisters decided to go over the top of us. That was pretty wild!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will probably be there with my boys......****, you drive along way just to go riding! I live about 40 minutes from Waynoka. Maybe I will see you out there. Look for my truck and trailer, pic on profile.

·
Registered
83 Posts
**** that trailblazer makes the pred look tiny!

·
Registered
231 Posts
saharapredator: Yeah we drive all over the country to go riding really. Hey by the way, I'm thinking about getting one of those Procom CDI's. Do you like it? It's a helluva lot cheaper than any others I've seen.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jman.....Yes I am very happy with the procom. (its just a rev box, still uses the factory timing curve) I am a fairly aggressive recreational rider and don't really need all of the fancy high dollar stuff that the racers use. I can definately tell a difference in performance. I really noticed the difference on the drag strip when racing the yfz's. I figure that I will ride this for a couple more years and get something new, so why sink any more money into it than I have too!
Foxracer....Yes Polaris needs to make a midsized sport atv with a decent engine. My 9 y.o. son is too big for a mini and really too small for the Trailblazer. I just bought my 6 y.o. a new Kasea 250.....nice ride for the price. I was surprised how well built/designed it was for a tiawon manufacturer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts