Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just wanna tell everyone be carfull how you mount your airscoops! I had mine off yesterday, well i started the bike tonight and noticed coolent coming out..sure enough, the top bolt on the left side (if your standing looking at the front of the bike) is leaking. I guess it pulled the bung to one side which caused it to crack. FFS! So im either gonna try to tig weld it..or im out ALOT of money for a new rad..:( Parts land lists them at $249! Thats US funds too! :( So just a friendly WATCH HOW TIGHT YOU PUT EM..warning! ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
How did you have your's mounted. When I made mine I made the mounting holes larger than the bungs so they are actually clamped on between the rad and the rock guard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See i had them mounted like that..however when i put them on last night, i was a dumba$$ and mounted them infront of the rock guard. And since the guard tappers to one side, it pulled the bung to one side..FFS..STUPID STUPID STUPID!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just as a word of advice..DONT DO THIS..holy heck..i got the rad out, took about an hour..what a pita..well actualy its pretty simple, but there was some cursing! ;) I had to take the front cab off, take the fuel tank off..well just lifted aside..and you gotta fiddle with it to take it out..should be fun putting it back in! ;) Hopefully i can get this thing patched up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts