Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's/Gal's
OK a PSA from Hard Rock MotorSports.
i have had several customers call and tell me that the have had damage to the motors from there swing arm bolt getting loose and walking around and cracking the back of there cases and having to replace them.
so watch you swing arm bolt. check it if you throw a wrench on it and it moves make sure its tight every time you ride, preventive maintenance
if you have any sway in the swing arm watch it you could lose the cases.
this is why we made our ss/chromolly swing arm bolt.
if you stack bolt gets loose it will start to move , bend, and oval the holes it goes through, and finally cracks the case.
so please check this and put it on you choir list and save your self some pain and money with a little P.M.
(FOOD FOR YOUR HEAD)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
thanks for the info, nows when you tell us how much that bad boy of yours is so we can get one and save our rears.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
C'mon, stop scaring people unnecessarily. The merits of a chromoly bolt are increased strength, and light weight. With the metalurgical harder metal, you can actually cause further damage on the softer frame material....that's if you don't do the routine maintenance...which many don't. Every 25 hours ( according to Polaris) the swingarm pivot is supposed to be lubricated. In order to do this, you must remove the front pivot bolt. I would love to change out to one of your chromoly units for wt savings, especially since my reasearch hasn't turned up a titanium unit that size yet. But the main tip should be to make sure the 95 ft/lbs of torque is reached. As a further level of prevention, you should change out the nyloc self-locking nut every few ( actually should be every) times of disassembly. An even better route would be to switch to a all metal locknut, or even setup capabilities to safetywire the assembly in place.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now you come on,
I put this up because I had customers tell me about it. Tina's(quadjunkie) husband Troy and i had discussed it as well. not to sell a product if you read it talks about the problem and the cause and about every two sentences its says make sure you check it. i put no price down no phone numbers or anything. it actually says make sure you check this to save your self some pain and money. give me a brake this is getting old we talk to about 20 to 30 predator owners a day and listen to what they have to say and try to develop products from that and our own recherche its not a scare tactic just a warning to keep an eye out for a problem. we could keep it to our selfs or share it with you all.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
All I've ever said about you and your products is that you need to get the products you have out here. You never seem to post any prices, or product pics. Myself and others want to see them. Stop beating around the bush, and I'll stop making you run around it.....it's simple that way. What do you have. Where can we see it. How much does it cost. That's pretty darn simple. I don't mean to keep raggin on you, but if there's B.S. I'm gonna wave the flag. If there's a good, merited product/mod, I'm gonna help you get the word out. Why is that sooooooooo hard to understand?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your comments would be applicable if i were pushing a product but are inappropriate for this subject. Its just a piece of advice from us to you .The reason we don't give prices is a lot of our products are either still in testing i.e.; the rev box our are not ready to market yet, but the things we do have ready to go are priced packaged and ready to go. granted our web site is not full of information yet but we encourage you all to call us and we will answer any and all questions. we are simply not ready to show our cards yet i hope you understand that we have a greater good in mind for our company rather than the quick sale. we plan to hit hard in March/April with a good line not only for the Predator but for others as well.
so i guess when i am ready to start pushing it i will have to come to you then so my business will be a success.
I don't know if you have any business experience, but i hope you understand we have a bigger goal than pleasing you ModQuad right at this time. we give good advise offer a good product and give excellent support. we are not in for the kill but for the long run and we have to approch it this way.
I mean no offense but i am telling it straight.
thanks for your input and thoughts.
Jason D
Owner HRMS

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Almost every post on here by you or anyone associated with you has been pushing product from day one. That's o.k., just stop ducking questions on prices and availability. March/April, it's still October. All I've seen from you is talk. Were's the parts? I've been ragging on HPD, Hot Seat, Aaen, Rath, so don't think you're alone.....and don't think it's just for me, my Predator will probably be sold by then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Modquad why don't you let Hardrock do their own thing and their own advertising. And you put a little more time into your products and wedsite. lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I guess that's what I'm trying to find out....what is their thing. lol.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Thanks for the info Green Lantern........::)

·
Registered
429 Posts
For my two cents I've recently ordered from HR and have nothing, but good things to say about my phone conversation with them. Even though I wasn't ordering a lot of stuff or spending a ton of money they took the time out of their day to answer any and all questions that I had (often placing other calls on hold.) They didn't try to sell anything extra that they did or didn't have in production.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got to agree with the Green man on this one Mod. No need to jump on someone for giving out good info.I just happend to check my swingarm bolt this morning before the race and sure enough it was as loose as a 2 dollar *****. Even though 2 weeks pryor I just re greeased the bolt and retorqued it to 95ft lbs. looks like the nylock nut need replacing. Thanks a million Green man.

Joe McKenna

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I simply clear the smoke. The added strength and wt savings is true. The rest is incorrect. I would expect anyone to correct any of my posts if I post something that doesn't have merit. Technically, any nylock nut should be replaced everytime...that's technically, not reality. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah Well My Daddy Will Kick Your Daddy's Butt !!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what smoke are you talking about its a simple warning

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I have read about others that had this same problem so I find the info informative...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
O.K. for those of you who just can't seem to u n d e r s t a n d (typing slowly)

Smoke= like I stated before, the harder chromoly, WILL NOT CURE a loose bolt damaging the frame condition. It will actually make it worse. That is due to the harder chromoly, wearing more harshly on the softer mild steel of the frame. Hence the cure for the condition is not changing the physical properties of the bolt, but changing (maintaining) the torque, of the nut. Also the self-locking capabilities of the nut. ALL THE BOLT WILL DO IS DECREASE WT.

Wow, how explaining something soooo simple can take sooo much time. I guess I prefer working with people who can understand simple english. Scary. Yea, I really want someone like that building gear for my quad....not!

Happy Trails. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i said i quit you win feel big?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Torque it then saftey wire the bleeping nut. Next topic please.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts