Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the new vortex cdi on, I would have paid double if they wanted me too, this thing kicks ass!!! Along with the stock curve and 7 other curves, it also has a setting for stock curve but with the rev limiter at 8900 rpm and another with stock curve and the rev limiter at 9150 rpm. This thing solved all my problems of hiting the rev limiter right when it starts to make big power, the handle bar toggle switch is pretty cool too!

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Okay so how much is this thing? I gotta budget it in so I can get one ASAP! :)

Rob

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Next best things to a C'dale? :D Pushbutton quads, you gotta love it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
rngmaster does the stock curve seem to be the best setting for you? the reason i ask is that 400bucs seems alot of money for a rev limiter, unless you can actually use the diffderent curves to produce power. i'm with you as far as hitting the rev limiter when it seems to be making big power. if you're truely happen maybe i'll shell out the $

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was 399.00 plus shipping from duncan racing. I have not tried all the different curves yet, I was so happy with the extra rpm's that I left it there. Were gonna put it on the dyno and see what each setting looks like power wise. I planned to try some different settings today, but the rain gods didn't think that was a good idea because it's been raining all day so far with more on the way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
keep us posted-thanx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does it provide any lower gains from the change in power. I ride XC and still want to be able to bog this thing down without gearing to no low end

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be about a week now, I just took the head pipe off and sent it to jet hot, there product sounded too benefical to wait. I am going riding the whole weekend of the 22nd, so I will have a chance to try all the setting then. Then it's silver lake again for the 4th of july weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts