Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body know of a co. makeing one yet. gary said that a pro twist z 400 might work ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've heard you can use the pro twist for a Z400 but you have to get a cable, the Z400 cable wont work with the predator.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Are you really sure you want a twist? Had one on the race mod before, now I run the HPD billet thumb unit. Under certain riding conditions, with herking and jerking on the bars, the twist can be kinda dangerous. Just my 2c.

·
Registered
249 Posts
don't know if i'd want one but rocky mountain atv has one listed for the pred.

www.rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
249 Posts
now your wrist will get sore! pick your poison - not trying to be a dick rocket but when i ride bike all day (with twist throttle), my wrist can become sore. if you do hard terrian riding it can be hard on your wrist. thats just my 2cents, but you know best what type of riding you do and how you would like to spent your money.

p.s. i'm not trying to be a smart ass just trying to help :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you ride enough, your thumb will condition itself in a hurry. Ride as much as you can and youll quickly notice the difference.

Good luck hoss!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys for the advice. I bought my predator 2 weeks ago and am trying to learn as much as i can. this is also my first atv.
I just thought the twist would be better now you got me thinking different

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rocket, i prefer a twist throttle. I have only been riding ATV's for about a year. up until that i was riding and racing sport bikes. I have never had a wrist problem with a twist throttle, but i have 15+ years of using one. my 250R had a twist on it when i bought it and i loved it. I just bought a predator about a month ago and it has the thumb throttle on it. I am not use to it so my thumb gets really sore and tired. I guess what i am trying to say is you will have to get use to what ever setup you choose. If you have not used a twist throttle much, you will have a tired and sore wrist after riding. Same with a thumb throttle. i personally feel that i get better throttle control from a twist.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Buy one of those thumb savers..it extends the stock thumb peice out so you use more of your palm..they say it works..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those thumb savers do work great! I have one on my 2 yr old daughter's Dinli Dino 50. She doesn't have a sore thumb anymore.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Rocket, you'll have to go on what you prefer. During a season of harescrambles, more than once, the twist contributed to almost nasty situation of rolling on the throttle accidentally. There's lots of experience here to learn from, weigh the options and go from there. As long as you can go ride, it's all good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts