Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody out there who has installed a twist throttle on their Pred? If so, how do I get the existing throttle cable out of, what I am thinking is the, bell crank? Do I need to remove the 2 allen screws from the bell crank? If yes, then what can I expect to happen once removed? If you have the time, would really appreciate a walk-thru.

Signed,
Completely lost...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dognuts

Check out this web sight. http://www.polarisindustries.com/img/partsManuals/9917576r01.pdf
Look at the carburetor page on C-9&10. Hope it helps. It isn’t that hard once you start. Remove your front and side plastic. Rout your new cable were your old one was and your almost done. If you have stock handlebars there are crimped groves where your thumb throttle was. You need to take a file and smooth them off so your twist throttle doesn’t stick when you tighten it down.

Good luck,You will love it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, but as far as i've got i have the outside cover off of where the cable comes into the carb and i see no way to remove the stock cable and install the new one. i see inside the cable housing and notice 2 allen screws do i need to remove thoes,don't know what to expect if i do or is there another way???

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just have to give the cable some slack and pull it out of the groove in the A Shaft(#20 on page 38 of the above listed manual) . Once you have the cable out of the groove the cable will slideout towards you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
its easy to install. you gotta pull the cover off the side of the carb where the throttle cable goes in.then twist the end of the cable so the end comes out.then pull the cable all the way out and unscrew it from the handlebars. you dont have to do anything to the handlebars to make the twist throttle preform right. just put the new cable in the same way you pulled the stock one out and install the twist body on the handle bars.hope this helps. Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts