Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some trouble with my running lights on my trailer.. I checked the fuses in the truck and two were blown.. they worked for like two minutes and then went out again. I am guessing i have a short some where but could anyone direct to me to as to where to look.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Sorry this is so late never saw it before now. You probably figure it out by now but what ever the case if is my 2 cents.

Ohh man have I had this happen before on a snowmobile trailer. It was an enclosed one with lights all over the place and what a pain. My issue was deffinitly a short and was a small slice in the wire that was pulled to taunt right by one of the rear brake lights. We ended up re wiring the whole bottom of it as by the time you inch through all the wirign its almost faster to to redo it then you know will be good. What a pain trailer lights are! Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Ditto, if the trailer wiring is starting to go, just re-wire the whole thing. You'll be way happier in the end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats what I did, re-wire. You also will know exactly how it is wired so if you have issues, you can pretty much already know what the problem is. It helped me learn a little bit too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts