Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that that www.trinityracingproducts.com has a new exhaust coming out. According to the graoh it claims the Predator will put out 50 HP. I called the company and they said it will beready for shipment in about 2 weeks. It also is supposed to come with the jet kit. It will be selling for 499.00 and they are taking orders for them now. I do not know much about Trinity Racing and their products. Are they any good? What do you think about the pipes? They look sweet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would look into other areas before I shelled out 500 bucks for an exhaust, the head pipes are plenty big enough and with the adjustable WB silencer you really don't need anything else. Spend your money inside the motor and on a new non-CV carb. I'm thinking eventually (after warranties up) about the FCR carb, I believe this alone will make a huge difference in throttle response and power output from idle to rev limit. An increase in compression ratio will add substantial gains also...

·
Registered
315 Posts
As slider said it does cost 500 bucks and it is quite early in the Predator aftermarket yet. My advice would be to wait an see what else comes out with similiar gains cuz it can only get cheaper. If money is no object i say go for it. They are the sweetest looking pipes around!

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I think the Trinity pipes are very sweet looking. They also have a unique spark arrestor design that's easy to put on and take off.

But as powerslider said, the White Brothers pipe you can get from Polaris already gets you 50 hp. It's worth 6 hp at the motor and about 5 hp at the wheels from the testing I've seen. Trinity themselves said their 100% stock Predator made 45 hp at the wheels after they loosened the chain up a little bit. It seems the chain is set a bit tight from the factory.

I'd like to know more about this FCR carb. I know very little about carbs.

Rob

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The dyno Polaris/Rath used to get the +6-7 HP from the WB silencer is a lot more reliable than the over-rated Trinity unit. Check out recent pipe shootouts, and WB and CT are normally on top.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Im going to wait and see what yoshi puts out,They are a bit spendy,but worht evey dime IMO.. I have had both full systems on my 300 ex and my 400ex and love there pipes...Theres will be reacy in a few more weeks also...Ill give it another month or two and decide who has the best..

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't have any experiance with Trinity's 4-strokes except for there raptor pipe (which looks great), but I know they can't build a decent 2-stroke. I wouldn't let them touch the engine on my weed-wacker. HACKS!!!!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I have a trinity pipe on my 2 stroke mini of my Daughters and let me tell you....... It kicks butt!!! It was a hard one to dial in due to the dif elev. from down in Texas(where I bouhgt my pipe from).but after ALOT of hours we finally got it dialed in, we had to go up 3 on the pilot and the main jet went from a 82.5 to a whoppping 125!!! now thats as big as my 300ex was!!! We also put on a open unifilter and had to dbl. sock it because it wants to still breath more!!! Also took her weight rollers and went up about 3 sizes(for more torque in the initial take off)... This pipe is OUTSTANDING!!! and increased overall performance immensly...w/o any major motor mods she can go roughly 40mph on her Kasea 900cc now .Everyone has different thoughts and opinons thatswhy I liked to keep open minded to all commments and suggestions,who do you think IYO has the better pipe for two strokes? I know of a few, but not for the minis... Tina:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts