Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're fixin to go to the dunes over Easter weekend in Oklahoma so I'm about ready to put my sand tires on. Is there a special way of aligning the rear tires so the paddles are even, or does it matter? I would assume that you have to align them but I've never done it before. By the way I have Gecko's. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, good question. I was just going to throw them on, didn't even think of that. I'm going to be there april 10 - 13. Just got back from Perry Lake, it was alright. I usually go to Deep Water in Clinton MO.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we went to Perry, wasn't that impressed. It was ok, but it's an hour drive from St. Joe. I heard Deep Water down by Truman Lake was real cool. I posted this topic on another forum and confused some people. What I mean is, does anyone know how you align them from side to side so that they are sitting on the ground in the same place. Make sense??

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I guess Im a little confused as well..LOL...... Are you referring to when sitting(quad parked flat), are you referring to the tread lining up sitting same align..Sorry I prol. am not making a bit of sense..

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
If I hadn't already heard about this from a friend with a Banshee, I would be confused too.

If you want to line up your paddles, which is the thing to do for the best traction, you may have to remove one of your rear hubs and move it a few splines so that the studs line up, and therefore the paddles.

I haven't done this to my machine yet, but I plan to in the near future.

Rob

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Thats what I thought he was referring to.Yes, I reccommend to have them so they are not offsetting as you ride......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought, but I wasn't real sure. I assumed you had to pull one hub off or try to spin one tire on the rim. That would not be easy. Anyway, thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have been drag racing banshees for quite a while and never worried about linning the paddles up, it doesn't seem to make a diference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts