Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly did it. I put the clamp-on filter on this evening and went with 170 main and 50 pilot. I'll test it tommorrow.

However, I now have slotted float bowl screws. What the hell size screw driver do these things take anyway. I tried a #1 too small...a #2 too big...is there some #1.314159265 size that I'm missing from my collection? And does anyone know what size they are so I can go get some from the hardware store....I'd order them, but if my wife finds one more reciept from the Polaris dealer she's gonna shoot me. They're working just fine slotted, but it drives me insane cause I can be a little anal about stuff like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and take one out, bring it to the hardware store and replace them with allen head screws.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea!!!! I wish I would have thought of that....thanks Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are either 4mm or 5mm. I can't remember which is for the top and which is for the bottom cover. I replaced all of mine(never jetted a carb were i didn't strip a couple), i found the 4mm and 5mm allens at Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
search it on the threads, about the clamp on filter, its in one of them, i have the size written down, but its out in the garage.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this for others wanting to know:

"The sizes you need are 4mm x 10mm, #81661 (Carb Bowl); 5mm x 12mm, #81664 (Slide Cover); and I also got several 4mm x 25mm, #82057, standard pan head phillips screws, for the carb to intake boot. It's a time and headache saving resolution to your problem."

Thanks to JJGI5150 for posting the info in an older thread and vortec for pointing it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts