Polaris Riders Forum banner

trail tech big bar kit

4K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  jsyi 
#1 ·
hello i noticed some of you have installed the trail tech big bar kit. how is it to install and are you happy with the fit & finish? also does the factory levers and throttle mount ok? i assume you can still fit everything on the larger diameter bars.

#2 ·
The bars are only larger in the clamp area, they taper down to the same size where the controls mount. I just ordered this set up, the steel bars transfer to much vibration and make my hand/thumb numb. I guess this is typical of the rigid engine mounted 4 strokes as my EX did the same thing until I installed the Renthals...

#4 ·
Yup, that's true. The bars fit great and are a real show-stopper. Whenever we stop on the trail or in the parking lot, people are always asking. All I have to say is take a seat....they sit down, grab the bars, then they order some. Their speedo works great too.

#7 ·
I also have the Predator logo mount with Por Tapers(KX HI bend) that work great. I had the Pure Polaris tether which doesn't have anywhere to mount to the Trail Tech clamp, so I drilled a hole just below the bars in the front fender in a "hollow" space beside the tank. It actually holds it in place tighter than on the "pod".

#9 ·
About the Pro-Tapers. most of the people I ride with have dirt bikes and use them. if you bend the bars in a crash you should be more worried about how you are getting to the hospital. it takes alot to bend those bars. you'll rip everything off of them (levers, handguards, grips, etc.) before you bend the bars.

#10 ·
I had Pro Tapers on my YZ400f and loved em'. I've had these on my Pred about a week and they feel better than stock with less sweep, yet with the Trail Tech clamp are close to the same height.

#13 ·
Well; i'm a bit disappointed with my X-bars. I mounted them and the left side sits an inch lower than right. Yes; the steering stem is straight. Never been wrecked. I will be returning these which are medium bend and getting the high bend for sure. They sure are pretty though.

#14 ·
Sport:

Interesting you should mention that. One of the reasons I got my X-Bars was because I thought I had bent my stock bars in a rolllover. So I put the X-Bars on, and the left side still sat lower than the right (though not an inch). So I figured my stem was bent. I spent $56 on a new stem and the two hours to install it. No change. WTF??

Rob

#15 ·
i have the same problem when standing behind the bike the stockers left sits about 1/2" lower than the right, not a lot but enough to notice. i too rolled mine but it only ploped on its side not compleatly over in the dunes no less.

#16 ·
Ok guys, thanks for the great feedback. Anyhow, we just several sets from inventory, assembled them and put them on the surface plate to measure the end height. The error from side to side varied from .001" to .016". If the problem is ours, we will stand behind our product. We need more information in this issue to figure out the source.

If anyone is in the Portland OR area with this problem, bring it by and we will figure out the exact source of the problem.

Thanks,

Geoff

#17 ·
Thanks for the great service over the phone Geoff. After many measurements; I have come to the conclusion that the factory setup is off. My bars are 1" off! This quad is two weeks old and haven't run a tank through it yet. The lower side is the clutch side. Will be talking to the dealer. Thanks! The Trail Techs are beautys!

#19 ·
How many after market manufactures do you know of that are willing to login to a forum and address an issue that may or may not be a problem with their product. That is awesome. Mad respect for Trailtech now. It just shows they truely care about the products they put on the market.

#20 ·
Welcome Geoff! It's good to have you guys here.

Yeah my lower side is also the clutch side. Hmmm... so I replaced a steering stem for nothing. Very interesting. Please post when you guys figure out what on the quad is off, so I can take it up with my dealer.

Gthanks!

Rob

#21 ·
Mine measured within an 1/8th", make sure the bars are straight ahead as this makes a big difference.

Nice product Geoff!!!

#23 ·
My bars are straight ahead, air pressure in tires all equal, measured floor to hub height on front tires to rule out tire size difference and made sure preload was equal on both front shocks. Yeah...I'm anal like that. :)

#24 ·
WOW!!! That is customer service!! Finally someone who gives a crap about there product. I see a TrailTech setup in my future!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.