Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions here. Would people be interested if I worked out something with Mettec? The owner is very, and it probably wouldn't be discounted off his list prices, but could save people hassles. I could organize (have documented almost every bolt on the Predator) various kits that people could switch out as they go. Say a front suspension, rear suspension/skid plate, brakes, steering, handlebars. Would appreciate any opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been looking for just this ! They make titanium bolt kits for other quads, but not ours yet. If you could set something up I would definately be interested.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also checking a source for lightweight moly coated (you need that or anti-sieze on ti bolts) aviation grade nuts. Since most of the fasteners on these machines are for shear as opposed to tension loads, they're self-locking, and very strong.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke with Dirk from Mettec yesterday. He's game for offering ti bolt packages for the Predator. I have an article to finish, and when I do, I should have some time to catagorize all these specs and get them faxed to him. The lightweight moly coated nuts (actually aviation grade) are available from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty. You can order their racing and performance catalogue (www.aircraftspruce.com). My nuts...er, I mean the nuts I use are on the bottom LH of page 50. These are to be used in shear (like shock, and a-arm mounts) not tension (like rear carrier pinch bolts) loads. The possibilities are endless, engine bolts, subframe. Watch out for the fuel tank cross-member bolts, they are held in with red loctite, you need to heat them before removing them. I'll post when I've forwarded the info to Dirk.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mod, your always comming up with good ideas. Do you sit at home all day and think of what to build for your Pred? lol... Keep the good ideas comming.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn't hurt to be a laid-off Aircraft Tech. :D But between racing two machines, writting for two publications...I do have time to make stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts