Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the products out there for patching flat tires there seems to be only one option for reinftating that tire on the trail, CO2 inflators. That is unless you have a ute and can bring a 12v compressor or some huge pump.

I was just thinking that another option would be to attach one of those lightweight mountain bike pumps to your frame somewhere and that would be more than enough to inflate a low pressure atv tire. Im talking about the tube style pumps you see mounted next to the waterbottles on a lot of bikes. Has anybody done this? Do you see any inherent flaws in this idea?

·
Registered
993 Posts
that would work if the tire was just low on air, but I would be very surprised to see someone reinflate a tire that popped a bead off without a compressor.

·
Registered
315 Posts
YOu wont be able to get much air in with a bike pump. I think I got 2 lbs in one once and it took forever.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and bought a mini pump, works GREAT! Despite the fact that everyone and thier brother told me I needed a compressor to put 5psi in my tires the mini mountain bike pump works wonders. It takes under a minuet to fill a front tire from 0 to 5psi, only about 10 pumps to top off a rear from 3 to 5psi. I zip tied the holder to my front frame behind the bumper, I'll always have air when I need it (as long as I dont break the bead).

·
Registered
525 Posts
tmoreau: I keep a bike pump on my mach also. But I put it in a old bike tube with the plugs/puger to fix a flat. Zip tie it closed, and it now fits under my seat. Or I should say fits between the air box and frame. Pretty tight fit also. I would rather fix a flat tire,(If I can)besides rideing on the rim cost to much $$$.

later

·
Registered
10 Posts
We were out riding this weekend and one of the guys cut a rear tire in 2 places in the sidewall. He was lucky because one of us had plugs and a small mountain bike pump. Plugged both the holes and pumped up the tire in about 15 minutes and went on our way. Like it was already said, though, if you break the bead you're SOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts