Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know if anyone has got a chance to run the Sand Stars.Looks like they would hook up pretty well. I have the geckos and they have to be some of the worst paddles I'v ever ran. No hook up and they just dig there selfs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the sand stars look to be another copy of an already proven design.

·
Registered
160 Posts
which means they should work ;), and yeah geckos dig alot

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I only have the front sand stars. I havn't tried them yet but I think the dual rib is going to work great. Erik has the rears, maybe he can help ya.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll let you know on the rears come the week after Halloween. I've got Dune Trackers up front and 20x10x10 Sand Stars on the rear, though the dunes are 400+ miles away from me and the washes here eat paddles for breakfast so it will be a while before I get to see. I'll be putting them against a 440ex on SKates, a DS720 on Haulers and a Raptor on Geckos. Plus anyone else that wansts to race. They are supposed to slide like no tomorrow so side hill driving might be interesting. I got my rears from RockyMountainatv.com for about $170 shiped.

·
Registered
88 Posts
we'll see you out there on Halloween night! will be camping around b-cup, look for an all black Pred with no decals of any kind, finishing up the engine this weekend, got the new Extreme Haulers this week to see if they hook up the new power.

·
Registered
434 Posts
AZ, we should be hitting camp around 11pm, going for a night ride. You have a cell phone that works out there? If so I'll gice you my number and it would make it a little easier to find one another.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too will be getting there at around midnight, hopefully go for a night run too, do some final tuning in the AM and be ready to go. Check your PM's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
att is about the only cell phone service that works half assed out at glamis. i will be there on thur night for halloween weekend, i will be camped in wash 13.5, come over and say hi, you wont be able to miss our camp, it will be the biggest one there with alot of glamisdunes.com flags on everything.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
My Sprint service seems to work pretty good in the buttercup area. I would LOVE to go at that time. Unfortunately I have to work Frid thru Mon. I would not be able to make it until Tues Morn.

·
Registered
160 Posts
bummer, gonna be a nice weekend.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I got stuck as the phone b&%^h. My T-mobile phone worked perfectly out there. However it wasn't until I got my bill did I find out I was roaming. Can you say "Hand them your paycheck sir"?

·
Registered
160 Posts
my nextel works in some areas of the dunes, but not in the washes, i still carry it with me while ridding as on top of most dunes i can sometimes get signal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts