Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on a tach. for my Predator. Anyone running one? Would like one in analog, if there is such a thing, I'am told the digitals are hard to read in rough ridding and are slow with readings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How about this?
http://www.trailtech.net/predator.htm

·
Registered
343 Posts
NOt sure who has that one, but i know one person has a Polaris digital tach, and another has a tiny tach...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Trail Tech unit, although very sweet, isn't a tach, it's a speedo/trip setup. Unless they've come out with something new since they sent me this test unit.

Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oops! Sorry, my bad. No tach on the Trail Tech unit. It would be nice, though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

I just added an Autometer tach to my Predator so I can deal with the popping/ rev limiter/jetting situation. I will post some photos on THIS SITE now.

Very easy to install, great quality, very visible while riding, and lit when engine is running so you can see it clearly at night!

JJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JJ

Thanks, thats what I was looking for. It sound like then, that any tach. will work. The mounting place you have looks like the right spot.

·
Registered
249 Posts
did you order it direct from autometer?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Pure Polaris Tach on my TLD. Works great to keep track of idle and hours, or once it's opened up. But it won't keep up with the revs as you punch the throttle.
JJGI, is that just a normal AutoMeter tach or a special single cylinder one? If it's a normal one, what did you put the switch to (4/6/8) for the number of cylinders. Also, did you make that mount yourself? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
217 Posts
TrailTech is coming out with a new unit that has a tach. The only problem with this is that it will not fit in the exist billet dash in which you mount your current TrailTech computer. Not only will you need to buy the new computer with tach, but you will also need to buy a new dash mount. I am not sure when this will be available. You can contact TrailTech for more info.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm working with a supplier on a compact, accurate, tach. I should know sometime the beggining of this next week. Soooo much for trying to get in touch with them late on a Friday, now I have to wait the whole weekend...arrgggg!!! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Ken..will this be a EXPENSIVE 150+ tach or somthing less expensive?? The only reason i dont want a pricy one is cause the chances of busting it on a quad are quite high..keep us posted..i look forward to your updates!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm gonna try to keep it around $100....hopefully less. Gonna be able to keep your eyes on the trail. With some other equipment I've been working on for my next couple of articles, I got too sidetracked and contacted them too late....I hate waiting. :) I'll post here as soon as I get some info.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds good...hopefully it'll be less then $100..thats $100 US..or $160 cdn!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had a trail tech computer on my Honda for a few months. Those little suckers have TONS of features. Only it didnt work in sloppy conditions and the speedo refreshed too slowly for my liking. I ended up giving it away. :(

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hey Red, was the the bicycle computer? I have one of those on the HPD Sport, and it's slow (Trail Tech warned me, but I didn't believe them). The ATV unit on the Predator seems to be much quicker. I still can't wait for this tach company to get back to me. ARGGGG!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is the info that I've gotten from Trail Tech. I don't know if Rob has been able to fix my link to my Photos yet, but there is a picture of the new unit (prototype) in my pictures.

"We are working on a tachometer project. A conceptual picture is attached
for you to see.

At this time, the unit would have the tach, a speedometer, a max rpm
registration, and a max speed registration.

Final size parameters haven't been determined yet, but it may be somewhat
larger than the current Endurance computer. It is most likely that any
design would be made to easily attach to the computer dashboard products we
already make. If you look closely at our dashboards, you will notice that
the computer protector is held on to the bar clamp with four small screws."

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just received more information on the Trail Tech computers. From what I now understand, the tach will be a seperate unit from the speed computer. I asked for clarification on this, since it was stated that the new unit would feature a mph, tach, max tach and max mph. I'll keep you all up to date.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts