Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey guys i just found out that Hard Rock has or will have a chromolly and a stainless steel swingarm bolt i ordered it today should have it soon!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
What is the wt savings, and strength gained from your swingarm bolt. Post the specs, don't be shy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I torqued mine to 80. Guess I'll tighten it up a little more.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i cant say im the painter but i believe its not for saving weight but for strength we have had several cust. tell us that there swingarm bolt broke and cracked the back of the motor and we decided to make a stronger bolt so i don't think its a weight issue
and dont be so snappy guys we are all hear to learn and help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looked like the bushings may have been moving a little where they contact the motor on mine. The hole in the motor is slightly larger than the 9/16" bolt. That's why I wanted to know the torque so I could get mine as tight as possible. A stronger bolt might be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You'll know when I'm being snappy. I'm interested in your gear, just post what you have and stop wording it like some shop down the street, just list what you have, and save us the time....you'll probably sell more gear that way also.

Ex, I'm marketing such and such a product. It gives such and such advantage, and I'm asking $$$ for it. Quick simple and to the point. I'm trying to help, not hinder.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i never said i was down the street i told you all i work for Hard Rock. i am the painter i was up front i though this site was going to be different but i could be wrong i will try and help as much as possible give you the advise that i have if you don't want it, it's a free country you dont have to take it

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
We want your info, I just was suggesting that you word it directly. Sounds like some cool gear. Just asking for the facts. :D Like I said, I'm here to help. Now take a deep breath, and come out smiling. Did you guys ever think of fabbing up some aluminum heelguards to replace the stock plastic/steel units? Also, Scott was over on ATV Connection wondering if anyone was thinking of offering a kick-start mod. I'm still chomping at the bit for a chromoly rear sub-frame. Please, keep us posted.

Ken "jetblast" Thompson

·
Registered
493 Posts
Green, it is different! Modquad must have bumped his head. Normally he is a wealth of info on new products. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i told Jason about some of the stuff you asked about and he said they are starting the sub frame within the next week or two we will make a cromolly version first and then the titanium next i don't have a cost just yet and i told him about the heal guard and he said he would look in to it we just started tinkering with body armor we got the benders and dies well have to see what Jason comes up with for bumpers and stuff

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
green lantern, I don't think people are hating so much its just that they are wanting to spend money with you guys, but are finding it hard to do with out a web site up and running!!

Speaking of running, run, don't walk and go slap that spam sandwhich out of your programmers hands and get him to fix your shiznit! lol That was said in humor! lol

As the saying goes, "If you fix it, you web site, they will come!" he he lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bob since you got some time i am going to see if john can get some trick stuff done for the wait and the humor:)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
That would be cool, I take it you are in the know on my situation?

I HATE PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
yah i was the other guy that had to wait for days to get set up on pay pal in the end it was worth it though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts