Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a set of Swamp Lites in person today and that is one nasty lookin tire. I never thought much of them until I saw them in person, the set I saw was 29.5 on ITP wheels on a Rhino 660, but they were nasty on there.
Does anyone have these or know wanyone who runs them ?? I wonder how well they perform ?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Are they made by Light Foot?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, they are made by Interco, which is the same company that makes SuperSwamper truck tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Schneble_ky, if your looking at the Swamp lite's be aware they are really soft. I know a guy that put a set on his Grizzly and is ready to trade them in after 300 miles. I haven't seen them personally but he says they look like they have 3000 miles on them. May be an exaggeration, but enough wear after 300 miles to make you want to get rid of them can't be good. That being said, he liked the performance of the tire. I have seen others that have had more miles on them, but look like they had twice the miles as far a wear. Personally, I ran the super swamper TSL radials on my full sized trail rig. Awesome tire rock/mud. I got them for their soft compound and glue like traction. So, I knew what I was getting.

To make a long story short. I know, too late! Imo, there are tires out there that would give you better performance and wear for about $100 more per set. The extended life alone would more than make up for the higher price. (Outlaw MST, ITP XTR, Bighorn)

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I have to say, the Bighorns on my Grizzly are wearing VERY well. I have about 1500 miles on them and they look like my PXT's did at 500. Based on this, I expect to get 5000 miles out of the Bighorns, if not more.

The PXT's on my SP800 are almost gone at 2000. I figure I'll get 2500 out of 'em, MAYBE 3000 if I push it. That puts them on par with the Blackwater XT's that I had on my Grizzly originally. I got 2700 out of them, which I considered pretty good.

But the Bighorns work so well and are wearing so well that I will without a doubt put a set on my Sportsman here soon.

Rob

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have swamplites on my 800. They are just my trail tire, they don't see any pavement use but they seem to be doing very well as far as ware goes. I love them on the trail, they handle everything pretty well. I almost got some Bighorns but wasn't too happy with them in the mud. The Swamplites do well in just about all situations.

DS

·
Registered
133 Posts
pic

·
Registered
133 Posts
pic2

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am probably going to get some Swamp Foxes, they are so cheap and from what everyone is saying, wear well and work well, that is for sure what Im going to get now. I have been told that for a mud tire, they even ride well on dry dirt trails.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Swamp Foxes look a little too much like Mudlites too me and I had some bad luck with those tires. I had leak issues in the corners of the tread blocks and they pulled from side to side on steep slick or loose hill climbs. I had a set of 26" Mudlites for my 800 and didn't care for them at all. Those where Mudlites though not the Swamp Foxes like you are looking at.

DS

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You never know, I may change my mind 10 times before I pic anything.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Those pics look great, but still do those tires no justice. I saw a set in person and they are nasty. I want some!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, you are right about that Shakin.

For a 26" tire they messure just over 27" on the machine.

DS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts