Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the front shocks? If you do the back shock what does the top and bottom adjustment do?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pop it up on a jack to let the shocks extend and twist the black knobs atop the shock for the front pre-load adjustment. Tight=stiff and loose=your mom, i mean soft. JK.... On the rear you have the pre-load and rebound damping.On the top of the rear it has 2 nuts(top is a lock nut) and loosen for softeness tighten for firmness of the pre-load. The bottom of the shock is for the rebound damping. I belive it has 20 clicks. Factory setting is 10 clicks from closed. Check the manual. YOu may want to close it all the way and go from there. The Compression damping is the clicker located behind the seat. It has 8 settings. If you do not know the difference between Compression damping, rebound damping and pre-load just ask. These adjustments are more important than any modification as far as dialing in your new machine. Takes time and patience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am at work cleaning on the Ol Troy Lee and I figured I would mess with the shock set-up. I did not bring the book so I am shooting in the dark. I know that the suspension is firm. I did loosen the front up to where I have about 2 1/2" of thread. It seems pretty good. The back on the other hand is a tad firm. I have the resevoir set on 3. I want to mess with the other adjustments, but have no clue. I weigh about 185lbs and do alot of circle track and jumping. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I weigh 220 and jump and ride like a madman so i can't help you much there. I had to set mine stiffer than factory and you don't see many doing that. Everyone is softening up the front and rear so you'll just have to test it and see. Remember on the rear there are the 2 nuts on top of the shock which loosen or tighten the pre-load. The bottom has the adjustment clicker for rebound(how fast your shocks return to stable postion). If your clicker behind the seat is set at 3 then that is for your compression.(how firm the shock is like when you hit the takeoff) Hope i have been helpful but suspension can be difficult to explain over the computer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hahaha guess what guys, i'm a youngster at 16 and I only weigh 120lbs so I'm going to have to set those shocks as loose as they go man!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all, I write to you from Italy and I would want to have of the straight ones in order to record the posterior shock-absorber that it makes me to crazy thanks thousands!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Whatever you do, with the front fully extended, don't back off the springs more than a total length of 11.875". You can unseat the springs in the air if you go more than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts