Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what all of you prefer your suspension settings to be. I like mine stiff as hell for the dunes. I dont know why I do it this way btu I've found it most comfortable for me with the least amount of bottoming out. What abotu you guys? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What type of tires up front are you duning with? I run razor backs with 10 psi. and 2 1/2" of threads showing on shocks. I weigh 210 lbs. and am still looking for a smoother ride.I'm ordering the rezzies hoping for a solution.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem for me is that the shocks are way way way way to soft. I have them with the coil tightened as far down as the nut will go so i have like 4" of tread showing. I need stiffer shocks. Im running the razorbacks as well. I run 4 pounds in rear with skat trak haulers

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
You guys must all weigh a lot (I'm 155 fully clothed). I run my front shocks with 2.5" of thread showing and the rear shock gets set to 1 or 2 depending on how bad the whoops are on the race hill, and I run +3 clicks of rebound. I'd love to soften the front some more but I can't without changing shocks -- if I soften the preload anymore, the nose dives too much when I brake.

For tires, I run GBC Dunetrackers up front with 5 psi and Haulers in back also at 5 psi.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rob its cuz I weigh 265 pounds. So the shocks are way way way to soft for me. Just going through whoops right now I can almost bottom it out even when Im literally laying on the ass end of the quad. With my quads set to a medium stiffness in front i have bottomed it out so hard.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i weigh about 150 ish all decked out mainly ride motocross, not sure about how i should have things set up, any suggestions? it seems smooth enough,, but then again my last quad was a kawasaki bayou 220, so i was bombing around on a tank. the only complaint with mine is maybe it doesnt transfer enough weight to the back when i get on it, and spins the tires a plenty. any ideas?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stiffen up the rear compression clicker and practice throwing your wieght back as you hammer the throttle on the track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A PROCEDURE TO FIND THE PROPER PRELOAD ON THE REAR SPRING?

·
Registered
409 Posts
The manual says to measure the spring when shock is fully extended. The book says maximum is 11" I have found I have to much sag when I do that. I weight 200lbs and get 6" of sag at 11" at 10 1/2 inches of no load spring length it is about 4 1/2 inches of sag. Seams to handle bumps better but doesn't rail corners as good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I weigh 180lbs fully geared and I run three inches of thread showing on the front shocks, rezzie on 5 and rebound set a 15 clicks from fully closed...and I ride MX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts