Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with my pred not shifting out of first gear. I had to do some stator work and upgraded the CDI to a NR CDI. It ran shifted fine before I fixed the Stator. Its almost as if the shift fork isn't catching. I have service manual, but there is nothing in the manual that explains how to fix this issue. All I can think of is remove the clutch and the transmission and put it back together. If anyone has some info that may help please let me know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
pull the clutch cover and check things out.. i know my motor sat for about 3 mos with no oil and the clutch didn't work at all till i put some oil on it, guess it didn't get enough oil on it just running the motor after being dry for so long.

·
Registered
190 Posts
sounds stupid, but make sure the shift lever hasn't worked loose and moved up to where it is hitting the bottom of the case when trying to up shift. mine has worked itself loose a few times and almost stranded me. came and got stuck in 4th at the dunes about 5 miles from the truck 2 weeks ago. made for a quick trip back to the truck :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the bike sat for a bit with little oil while the stator was being replaced. I have made all the adjustments I could with the shift lever. when the clutch cover is off, the clutch looks to be working fine. I have even driven it around in first gear for 15 min or so. When I move the shifter it doesnt seem to be engaging anything on the clutch side. I have pulled the clutch now and now in the process of rebuilding the transmission step by step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts