Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys prefer at say Pismo Beach, I will be there for 3 days and want to make sure I have the right tire combo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi CJ,

I just switched from angled Sand Geckos (21x11x10) on my Pred to straight Skat Trak Haulers (20x10x10, 8 paddle). The difference was so day and night, that I cannot give enough praise about the improvement from the Haulers. The quad performs like a total different beast in the sand now.

I ride almost exclusively at Glamis Dunes in SO CAl, and these tires grip like crazy. The allow a bit better gearing than the slightly taller Gecko's gave, and they literally launch the quad forward compared to the Gecko's. I have to lean forward quite a bit to keep the front end down. I put the Gecko's on my wife Trailblazer 250, and that is about where they belong. I'm glad I had somewhere to put them so they were not a total waste of money.

The Haulers still allow me to turn well, but a bit more throtle and body movement is required...oh well, so much more the fun of the dunes!!

The Haulers are a bit more expensive, but I really feel they are worth the difference.

Good luck,

JJ

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I have two sets... Sand Skate II's (V-Blade) and Haulers (Straight Blade). I run the Haulers only when I know I'm going to be drag racing. Otherwise, I run the Sand Skates. I prefer the way they handle because the quad turns more easily and slides more easily, which to me is more fun.

It's a personal preference thing. I tend to suggest you start out with V-Blades and then try a set of straight blades after a while and decide from there.

One thing is for sure... the Sand Geckos are not a great V-Blade tire. I really like the Sand Skate IIs. They seem ideally suited for the Predator.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have run haulers, sand sharks, roosters, and now edges. I like the edges best. They get a lot of forward bite, turn well, and roost the people behind you just fine.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Noss~~ Did you like the Roosters? I wondered if they were really worth all the hype or not.. Tina :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Roosters hook up real well. They throw sand all over you when going slow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts