Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to check the stock suspension settings. I measured the open threads on my front suspension and the shocks were not even.

My current preload for the front is 2 3/4 inches of thread showing. Im 170Ibs and that seems like a good setting for trail and flat open riding for me.

RED

·
Registered
92 Posts
How do you have the rear shock set? on the compression mine is backed down to 1 & the rebound is set at 15 clicks from closed

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
What does having compression set at 1 help? I have mine at 3 and i know nothing about suspension.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Running the compression at #1 softens the ride on the compression of the shock. The owners manual says that for the softest ride set the settings are 1 on compression and 20 clicks from closed on the rebound. After playing with my settings I found 15 clicks to be the best for me. With it set at 20 it wanted to pop the rear up to quickly through the whoops & want to throw me over the bars. Alot of it depends on your weight and the terrain you ride. I weigh 170# and have just about any type of terrain you could imagine with the exception of mud. hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone noticed the discrepancy between the Owners Manual and the Service Manual? The Owners Manual, I believe, is correct about the rear shock settings and functions while the Service Manual (page 2.25) says to turn the rebound clicker to the left (A) to increase rebound damping. Which way is correct? And is 15 or 20 clicks (from full closed) the least amount of damping?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Look at it this way. Right=tight=firmer
Left=loose=softer
I forget on the clicks, 20 i think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks! I wonder who, at Polaris, wrote and/or edited the Service Manual. Not the most helpful book in my shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts