Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the DynoJet kit last week and after riding it, I want to take it out and put everything back to stock... it ran better that way. The one problem is that I don't know what groove the stock needle was set on. Can somebody check their machine for me? It's not listed in the service manual...

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
I will take a look for you in the morning if i get a chance

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rob, i believe the 3rd? i better check to make sure. whats the problem w/ dyno jet kit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rob, It is the third.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear your DJ effort did not work well. I spoke and mailed a few guys who have the Air Force kit, and they area saying it is running kinda rich.
What was your problem with the DJ kit? How did you have it set up? Did you leave on the snorkel?

My stage III DJ kit is hauling butt. I still have a top end rev limiter issue, but as each day goes by I am beginning to realize that the CDI and the crappy W.B pipe is the problem, not the jetting.

Did you ever solve your brake issue?

Take Care,

JJ

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JJ:

The problem started with it falling over on the top end... a lot less power than I was used to. So I put the stock 150 jet back. Next, I noticed that it was sputtering badly in the midrange, especially if I held it too long up a steep dune and then downshifted... it would sputter badly and sometimes even stall. This also told me it was too rich.

So I moved the needle down one notch, to the first one. That didn't help, so I need to put the stock needle back in, as it appears the DJ needle is just making things too rich all over.

My snorkel is out, btw... though I hadn't ridden with it out until this past weekend.

I don't understand why I can keep doing these mods and it still runs best with the 100% stock jet/needle settings. I may order up that big filter recommended in the jet kit to see if that changes anything, but first I want to get it back to running good with the airbox as it was.

Good to know your air force kit is working well. I'd get one except for less money I can get the K&N filter and do the Stage 3 setup instead.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Rob,

First, thanks for the site, you're the man. Second, which stage DJ kit did you have these problems with?? I take it that it wasn't the Stage 3, since you mentioned upgrading to that kit...??
Thanks for the help, a K&N and jet kit is my next move and I'm interested in what you guys have experienced.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I had mine rejetted with a 155 main after I got the W/Bros pipe, and K&N Filter. It wasn't running worth a sh$$ so I took it in to have it checked. They ended up putting the stock jet right back in it and it runs like a champ again. Still not sure if I like the 13t yet or not. Gives the bike a different feel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WB PIPE SAYS TAHT IT WAS DESIGN TO WORK WITH NO JET CHANGE UNLESS OF COUSRE YOU'RE LIKE ME. I ADDED AS MANY DISC AS I COULD FIND LONG ENOUGH SCREWS. I READ SOMEWHERE THAT A MAXIMUM OF 20 DISC. THE MORE DISC YOU US THE LEANER THE ENGINE RUNS. HAVE YOU RUN THE BIKE WIDE OPEN THROTTLE AND SHUT IT OFF WITH KILL SWITCH TO SEE WHAT THE PLUG LOOKS LIKE. IT MAYBE THAT THE DJ KIT IS DESIGNED FOR PORTED HEADS AND BIGGER BORES HAS ANY ONE TRYED A CARB SPACER TO INCREASE BOTTOM??? DOES IT WORK!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the DJ kit and run it at 175 with the needle set at the 2nd slot from the top. (Big Gun Exhaust) At first I ran it at 160 and was having the same problem as Rob. Changed it to the 175 and now it runs awesome. I normally ride at Dumont up comp hill in 2nd gear but now I run it in 3rd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts