Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is there a easy way to remove the stickers on the Pred? my GARDEN HOSE!started taking the red one in front of the handlebars off when i washed it and i'm just gonna finish taking it off. One on the back fender is starting to come off also, anyone asked the deeler about this problem yet? will polaris replace them? You would think Polaris could have used a better quality on a $6000 machine, this is my only complaint on the Pred so far though, i absolutly love this quad, i had a 2001 DS650 before and i thought i loved it untill i rode the Pred. It's quick, nimble, feels way lighter than the 415lbs it is, love the no bump, looks great! just hope it keeps running for the summer, it should be a blast. By the way i raced a friends cRaptor the other day 4 times on a grass field and let me just say i love the anti-squat and he realized how light the front end of a cRaptor is, he wasn't close any of the races. If you own a Raptor i'm sorry, it realy does depend on the experience of the rider. I know one thing i'm sick of reading atvtime and seeing everyone talking about how their machine is the best, i dont even post any threads on there cause it would be worthless!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
To get them stickers off use a heat gun or a hair dryer. Heat the back of the plastic and the front of the sticker, it will then peel right off.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
And if you have glue residue left over, a very small amount of gasoline will desolve it. Just be careful and very quick about it so that it doesn't damage the plastic.

Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it was on my mind all night at work so when i got home i had to try it, it came off easy so i went ahead and got my warning stickers off. The red sticker on the front, in front of the handlebars was very thin, it looks pretty good without it though being all black, i might leave it like it is. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
ProPredator, I contacted polaris they told me to talk to my dealer, talk to my dealer, & they told me to contact polaris. Myself & 3 others just got are bikes, & out of the 4 of us there is not one with stickers on them after the frist wash. We all are not very happy with the way they came off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ProPreadtor, if I find out any info i'll post it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My prob is a bit different, I cant seem to get the stickers off. Has anyone found any solution that removes the glue? Im a little skidish about using gasoline....

·
Registered
993 Posts
A rag dampend with gas will work fine and not damage anything. Gasoline will not affect the plastic, isn't that what most gas cans are made of???

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
RNGMSTR you got a point...Mine is really hard to get off I tried it when I shaved the front fenders and this stuff wouldnt budge!! Ive done some custom desing stickers on my quads and Im about to do a set for my 400ex. I got the silver maier plastic for. After full bore comes out with the new plastic for the Predator, I may gesing a set and buy the plastic. ......... TINA :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Any decal problems within your first 6 months can be warranty. Like the others said, use the heat-gun. Local hobby stores sell inexpensive units for shrinking the covering on R/C airplanes. 3M Wax and Grease remover works on the residue, along with WD-40. I'm gonna check with a source, but there was a recent photo shoot on some REALLY trick new plastic.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hmm.. You think they will work with me on the stickers for my rear fender? It wasn't that bad of a roll. :)

I think I going to try and have the left Brow sticker replaced under warrenty because it did bubble. There was only a small piece of it removed in the roll but the rest still shouldn't have bubbled because it's on the back side and never touched the ground. :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've always used 3-M Adhevisve Remover for car pin strips, rubber molding, the like and it works fantastic to get the glue from the stickers off. It also won't fade the plastic like Gas can. But remember, take any decales off that you want off right after you purchase your new quad, otherwise the sun will fade the plastic a little, and you will be left with a dark spot where the decales/stickers were.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The first thing I did to my Predator was to take all the stickers off(ecept the "predator" sticker). For some reason the stickers on the left came off real easy and the ones on the right were a real pain in the butt. I used reducer (enamel paint thinner) to get the residue off and it worked fine.
Personally I think the bike looks much better without the cheezy "claw mark " stickers

Toby

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i took my stickers off and got some black number plate backing. then i but the number plate backing to the shape i wanted. all my buddies said it looks a lot better. the pics are in my profile is anyone wants to see them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I took my stickers off after half of them started coming off, and panited some flames from front to back on plastics with this red metal flake plastic paint.it looks really nice and you can always repaint it if it chips. Greg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey guys goo off and 3m wax and grease remover and other adhesive remover work great first use a heat gun or hair dryer and peal them off then use the adhesive remover I use 3m my self but the others are more accessible at your hardware store and work just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts