Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What nobody has one of these?

So far its been an okay quad, like our Eton 90 I can't say I'm thrilled with either of them. Good started quads but they don't have great setup for their stators and getting these quads wet is a bad idea period.

I've had to pull electrical connectors on both quads and apply dielectric grease on all connections and none of the connections are designed for any type of water exposure. For a quad with the Sportsman nameplate, it sure doesn't hold up to that reputation at all.

Not saying any other of the 2 stroke mini's are any better, just wish Polaris had built it to stand up to the abuse it gets and the name it is badged with.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I think they are made by Aeon overseas, not polaris.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
A friend has a Predator 90 (same machine, different plastic) for his son, and he's had great luck with it overall. His kid beats the crap out of it, and has crashed it half a dozen times, including breaking the frame. He just welds it back up and away they go again.

Rob

·
Registered
172 Posts
my grandson has a sportsman 90, aeon, and i can say it is the most problematic of our five atv's, 4 pols. and one kawi....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep they are made over seas and I think you are right about the manufacturer, lots of people say they are made by Eton but having one of each I can say they are different in many ways.

The 90 has taken a fair amount of abuse and as long as I keep it out of any water it seems to do okay. Problem is kids + water + quads = major fun in their eyes... its dad that cringes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts