Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing eBay and came across a guy who is selling 21x11-9 Maxxis Bighorns. I remember ONE guy who had these on his Outlaw but I can't find pics and don't even remember where I saw it. If these are truly this size, they would make for one sweet mud tire. eBay Maxxis Bighorns link

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks kind of sketch to me, they really don't look the right proportion to be that size...

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Wierd they look too luggy or something. I have never seen anyone that ran those for a sport quad application.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
mine are likely deeper lugged and designed for a sport quad.........

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
pic no work?........

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
They were dirt cheap too. Like $50 or less each brand new.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Pic work well. What tires are those d-man?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was the guy that had bighorns on my outlaw. I will post up some pics of them. They were designed for sport quads, and if those truly are the size that he says they are, that is a rare find. This is the first time I have seen them for sale since I got mine over a year ago. They work well, however, they are a power robber of course, big and heavy. I sold my set on brand new IRS offset wheels i got from rocky mountain atv on ebay a few months back for $50 bucks for both of them. The guy got a steal! But I didnt use them and didnt really like them, I dont really know why I didnt like them, i just didnt. They have to be the best mud tire for all terrain on a sport quad, the mud cleans out awesome and they work well on just about all terrains. The only problem is that they come within about a half inch of the swaybar links when the suspension is fully extended, but i never had a problem with them rubbing. I will get the pics up later.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures again. Thanks for the quick review on them too.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
mine are Mud Sharks.
In 2 feet of soft snow, I can ride endless wheelies in 3rd gear with them. They are awesome in my opinion, I will say that they have like 4 times the traction that the stock ones do in snow or mud.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
another

Attachments

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Cool looking tires for sure d-man. It would be nice to have a set of those for the winter months around here.

Does anyone make a stock replacement wheel in the proper offset if I want to buy another pair for the rear?

BTW what brand are those skid plates for your lower arms?

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
Plates are PRM.
Rocky mountain makes wheels, just like stock, but they might be a tad thinner metal.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Do you like the PRM plates? Do you think they are made well? Which thickness did you go with? Seems they made a few different ones.

Thanks for the wheel info.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I think I bought the thinner ones. I don't plan on rock-crawling with it.
They are awesome, I bought them to keep sticks from poking the CV boots, and they really HELP! I think they are awesome quality and fit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
those look kinda like blackwaters I haven't seen them since 1996

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Thanks for the reply d-man. I am going to order the arm skids and wanted to make sure they are a good quality fitment. Sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
You won't be disappointed
buy a set of tires too!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts