Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any of you guys see the may atv action mag with the 530 pred and side panels that were handcrafted by fst the owner mickey dunlap said he will not be making anymore because they were a pain. do any of you guys know of anybody that is going to design a pare of them

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I saw those (it was the article about Angela's Predator 530)... I don't care for the color, but I did like the panels. I'm hoping somebody will see a market and make up a set.

The problem I see, though, is that plastic molds are EXPENSIVE to have made up. If somebody does this, I can see the panels being very costly.

Rob

·
Registered
217 Posts
i wonder if Fullbore or Maier will come out with plastics that extend to cover up the empty spot left by the polaris plastics. That would be cool if they could incorporate that feature in their aftermarket plastics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey rob what is to much i would pay 150 to 200 for a pair just so my riding pants do not get caught in the plastic befor i hit 60 foot table top .this happened to me in a race earlyer this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I just went riding last weekend and where I went had a ton of whoops. The inside of my knees were beaten by the plastics on the sides of the tank. Can anyone think why they did'nt just extend the seat to cover that area and make it padded. The DS 650 seat is the model all ATV companies need to take a look at. It's like a couch!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I personally like the plastic setup. If I happen to spill a little gas it doesnt run down the side of the plastic and peel the stickers off. Also after many rides the nice colored plastic that most companys have on the lower sides of the tank would be scratched to sh**. Now only the small side panels get scratched and those are flat black so it really doesnt look all that bad. The front cab is almost to easy to remove and reinstall if something goes wrong on a ride or during a race. Yeah it isnt perfect but in my opinion it is a hell of alot better than most quads. Plus it has a unique look.

Just a side note, some thick clear 3M tape on the rear fenders will keep your boots from scratching the plastic when you get back on the seat.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Gotta agree with Pred-Rider. After a six hour woods thrashing, and a two hour harescramble the panels still look like new. You folks with interference problems, have you tried loosening the fasteners, and pushing the panels in, then tightening things up. It's something new, it's gonna take time to get used to, but once you start some routine maint, you'll really start to appreciate the simplistic nature of the assembly. Just gotta get a billet aft tank mount made now. That beefy steel unit weighs a few lbs. After all this dust settles, I wouldn't even put it past Polaris to start making dirt bikes. Just kinda have a feeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts