Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum, owner of a 525S since it was new in 08. I am wondering about what changes are being made to the shocks when you get them revalved. I know a lot about shocks, my day job is working on them (www.mwspeed.com), I am new to ATV shocks though. Well, not new to the actual shocks, but more to what settings you are using. When you get your shocks revalved, what do they tell you the changes are? Do they run them on a dyno to get a spec? I am used to valving numbers from 0-14, 0 being soft and 14 being very stiff. Each gap in valving has approx 35lb difference between them. So what are the settings that are being used for woods and track? If your factory shocks are adjustable, what exactly are you having them change? I am interested in getting into the ATV side of shock tuning and want to know what the riders are needing. I am also currently working on a custom set of rebound and compression adjustable gas shocks. I am doing the testing on my personal Outlaw, when I get it where I think it needs to be, I will be able to offer a 3 shock package for less than I am seeing a set of fronts go for with the current packages. These will be completely tunable, they have 25 compression settings, 35 rebound settings and the nitrogen can be easily added or taken out for stiffer or softer ride. I am not a one time poster who is looking to steal ideas, I really want to get this shock package setup where it needs to be and hopefully get a newer, cheaper, more adjustable shock out there for the riders. These shocks can be put together any length, I am working on a 1" shorter set for my 525, it will give me 1" lower ride without losing shock travel. I know I covered a lot in a short time, but any help would be appreciated. The 3 pics show the mock up of one of the fronts. It has a remote canister for compression and gas changes, the rebound adjustment is at the rod end of the shock. Simple click adjustments like always, right=stiffer, left=softer. Thanks guys

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts