Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to get the .pdf file. I saw it online at a site before I bought my bike and I did not download it like a fool. :-( .. I just read here that the oil capacity has changed from 2.25 to 2 quarts of oil is this true ??? I just did my one hour oil change and I refilled it with 2.25 like the '03's I hope this will not cause any damage yikes.. Any advice ??
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Just go by the dip stick in the oil tank, if the oil level is high you can always drain some out.

What year is your pred? If it is an 04 than your oil capacity should be 2.0 quarts. Based on what I have seen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is a 2004 .. I just figured I would take some back out and I have only ran it for like 15-30 minutes after the change and not too hard.. Thanks Polarisbob ..

·
Registered
56 Posts
2004 where did you get it they tell me here in charlotte not available yet I want a troy lee any help would be nice

·
Registered
217 Posts
I may be wrong about this, but the 2.25 figure is for putting oil in a DRY motor. A regular oil change should only take 1.94. That's on the 2003. If they changed the capacity to 2.0 for the 2004, that is probably the dry amount figure. A regular oil change would be less than that. you might have to much in there. I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Well every time I have changed my oil in my 2003 predator, it takes right around 2 & 1/4 quarts. I bought the Polaris oil change kit the first time and after getting the Scott's re-usable filter I just buy 2 qt's of PS-4 and top off with the left over bottle. Next oil change it will be time time to get 3 bottles again as I is all out now!!! lol

I would guess that people bitched about having to buy 3 bottles once in a while so Polaris lowered it to two qt's for convince sake.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Bopper....have you checked with KORE Sport Cycles in Columbia?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts