Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with the seat falling off?

Was riding last Saturday when the seat came two times, and yeah its put on correctly. I'm not sure what the deal is. I was moving pretty fast through a rough field but still should not come off!

Maybe have to invest in of those aftermarket seat latches...if they are out yet for them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm assuming what you are talking about is it came off at the front. Mine did the same thing while I was drag racing--not fun! What happend was when I adjusted the plastic (after the aforementioned dumb crash I had) I didn't get the plastic into the clips that are on the gas tank. That caused my tank to move forward which in turn caused the seat to come out of the notch at the rear of the tank. Once I got the plastic in place. I moved the tank to the rear as far as I could and had no more problems. Something to start with.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine came off too There is a hole in the latch hook to put a pin in. That is what polaris said the hole is for.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine only comes of if i'm takin some jumps or big whoops. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I looked at it after I got it cleaned up. Will have to put something in that hole on the latch. It sucks to have your seat come off, and yeah it came completely off. One of these days I'll have all the bugs worked out!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey guys I have had my predator for about 2 weeks and the first time I practiced at the mx track my seat poped off twice. I took the tools out from under the seat, maybe that will help, I know it will about the wearing a hole in the airbox lid. Another good tip, and I did this is that if you look at the latch on the side of the seat it rests on the plastic of the right fender. I took a box cutter and shaved the plastic so the latch is not touching anything. My theroy was on jumps or whoops the fenders were pushing up on the latch. Since I did that it has not come unlatched!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished racing today and my seat latch is bent. we were able to bend it back by hand, very weak latch. has anyone heard of somebody making an aftermarket one with a pin in it like the R have so that we can lock the seat down?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts