Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is not the latch ,but the seat bolt, the last two races,It has managed t come off in the whoops once and a jump the other time. Almost cotst placing in race,(but still got 1st hehe) ANY fix for this problem??? Tina...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tina call us you need the seat latch I broke mine off the first time and that's why we built the billet assembly it hold so tight I don't even have the washer up front as a mount point its mainly a guide now.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got your email and Troy or I will give you a call tomorrow.......:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey QJ,

Went riding yesterday and the plastic guide on the front of my seat tore out. Now it won't stay on worth a crap. Did Hard Rock's latch fix your problem up front also? If not what did you end up doing? I have got to figure something out for it, cause as you know, you just can't ride with it that way!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES!!!!!! Get one!! You may have to get another seat and start out fresh like we did though :( They are NOT cheap new!! Try and find one suded like we did if it wont work with your old seat......We have had no problems since .Its a very in expensive Mod to buy and well worth it.......Give them a Call.They know what ours was doing............. :) TINA

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same problem with my 03 pred. I decided instead of buying all the aftermarket bolt ons to just build a bracket. I cut and bent two pieces of flatmetal and mounted them on the frame. I mounted them where the screws that hold the side plastic on, just below the tank support bar. The underside of the seat was already notched like if polaris was going to do something like this factory. Once you slide the seat in place it never works loose. I was even able to use the factory latch in the back. No signs of wear yet. Cheap fix for someone that doesn't want to spend any money.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same problem with my 03 pred. I decided instead of buying all the aftermarket bolt ons to just build a bracket. I cut and bent two pieces of flatmetal and mounted them on the frame. I mounted them where the screws that hold the side plastic on, just below the tank support bar. The underside of the seat was already notched like if polaris was going to do something like this factory. Once you slide the seat in place it never works loose. I was even able to use the factory latch in the back. No signs of wear yet. Cheap fix for someone that doesn't want to spend any money.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
how about a picture of what youre talking about there quickpredator? without going out and looking at my seat and all i dont see what youre talking about, i mean im looking at it in my head and cant figure out what you did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts