Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am down to the sand sharks and the haulers. What would be better for jumping. I was also wondering if anyone knew the difference between the sand sharks and the sand skate 2.
Thanx, Zack

·
Registered
217 Posts
The difference is about $100. :)

Seriously, the sand skate II's have a little taller paddle than the sand shark. Thats the only difference that i know of. I am sure there are other differences. I have the sand sharks and they work great. They hook up good in the sand and you can slide the heck out of the predator with v-paddle tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Either Tire will work good for jumping.... It's the wheel I would be concerned with. .125 wheel is not going to take big hits get a .190
Also watch your air presure the air acts as a buffer between tire and rim.

Thats a two edged sword..... To much air is going to give you less dig to launch of jumps and will make for harder landings.

Too soft and you'll be bending the rims.

I think I have the perfect match with the .190 rims and sand skates II's

Now for drag racing......Get the Haulers

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run Skat-Trak Extreme with douglas black label and like them alot I have run Gekos,sand shark and Edge paddles I like the Extreme's the best. Not exactly the lightest tire but works well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dont get the sand geckos for jumping, they have to be the worst tires ever to do anything with. if i didnt get a good deal on them i wouldnt of got them. just my $.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts